Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on October 8, 2019.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- 6 hr 6 min
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- SUSAN RADZILOWSKI, MSW, ACSW, LMSW
- PESI Inc.
- 10/8/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Communicate the complexities that transgender clients face daily including physical, mental, and social discomfort and how to address these in clinical practice.
- Develop a deep comprehension of the ways that a client’s own identity can create a trusting, effective relationship, and how their identity can negatively affect the clinical relationship.
- Apply concepts of affirmative clinical practice with gender diverse clients.
- Ascertain the various gender diverse identities and understand the ways that intersecting identities create further challenges in daily life.
- Assess your current clinical practice to determine how affirmative your practice is for gender diverse clients.
- Individualize and create a transition timeline and goals with your client.
- Prepare letters for clients seeking feminizing and masculinizing hormone therapy and gender confirmation surgeries.
Affirmative Clinical Practice
Gender Identity and Diversity
- Ethical responsibilities
- Clinical application of affirmative practice
- Work with clients across the lifespan
- Emerging adults
- Older adults
- Elements of support for transition care
Challenges Faced by Gender Diverse People
- Coming out
- Transition experiences (e.g., social, medical, and legal)
- Historical perspectives
- Current conceptions of gender diversity
- Challenges with keeping up with identity labels
Interrogating One’s Gender Beliefs
- Intersecting identities
- Discrimination and violence
- Clients seeking asylum
- Clinical concerns
- Substance abuse
- Suicidal ideation
- Family considerations
- Value of support
- Legal concerns
- Why is this important
- What is involved in this process
- How does a clinician integrate this information into their practice?
Assessment with Gender Diverse Clients
- What aspect of one’s practice need to be assessed
- Simple ways to address practice short comings
- Best practice for addressing clinical concerns with assessment
- How to complete assessments that require binary sex indicators
- The purpose of assessment in clinical practice with clients
- Challenges with personality assessments
SUSAN RADZILOWSKI, MSW, ACSW, LMSW
Susan Radzilowski, MSW, ACSW, LMSW, is a fully licensed clinical social worker with over 35 years of experience with children and adolescents. She is the parent of a transgender adult who began his gender transition in 2005. Having little support or reliable sources of information during her son’s early days, Susan set out to help other parents and children navigate this transition. Susan is one of two co-founders of SE Michigan GLSEN. She also created and teaches a popular mini-course at the University of Michigan for Social Work Students on effective ways to help TGNB children and their families. Susan is the Chair of the NASW-Michigan Chapter Ethics Committee (CEC), member of the National Association of Social Workers, member of Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health, and a member of the World Professional Association for Transgender Health. Susan is also on the faculty in the School of Social Work at the University of Michigan and at Wayne State University.
Financial: Susan Radzilowski has an employment relationship with Detroit Institute for Children. She is a faculty member at the University of Michigan; and Wayne State University. Ms. Radzilowski receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Susan Radzilowski is a member of NASW – Michigan chapter; National Association of Social Workers; Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health; and World Professional Association for Transgender Health. Speaker is the parent of an adult who identifies as transgender.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Social Workers
- Case Managers
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Addiction Counselors
- Other Mental Health Professionals
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.