Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on March 16, 2021.
- DVD Video - 2-4 hours Instructions
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- PENNY STACK, OTD, OTR/L, CLT
- PESI Rehab
- 3/16/2021 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Distinguish the need for reading remediation vs functional cognitive retraining to improve treatment plan.
- Develop 3 visual strategies for dyslexia to improve reading comprehension.
- Apply 3 auditory strategies for dyslexia to follow verbal directions.
- Determine everyday activities to improve executive cognitive function to support overall memory, interpreting what is seen and hand/eye coordination.
Neurodevelopment Etiology of Dyslexia
The Power of Observation
- Language functions of the brain and its association with dyslexia
Dyslexia is Not Just About Reading!
- Dyslexia screening tool
- Case scenario- Use your powers of observation to differentiate between a person who needs remedial reading verses intervention for dyslexia
- How to turn avoidance into a treatment plan
Strategies, Interventions & Coaching for Learning Success
- Executive cognitive function developmental
- Overview required for reading success
Waiting on Testing? Gain Positive Outcomes In the Meantime!
- Visual motor (hands on activities)
- Time demands
- Practical in-person and virtual treatment ideas to use now
- Practical everyday activities for parents
PENNY STACK, OTD, OTR/L, CLT
Penny Stack, OTD, OTR/L, CLT, is the founding owner of Dyslexia Center of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Penny has over 26 years of experience as an occupational therapist that include working with children who have special learning needs. Penny is also a mother of a child with dyslexia who has shown great success in overcoming reading difficulties. Penny is certified in Handwriting Without Tears, received her Master’s in Occupational Therapy at Samuel Merritt College, Oakland California and her Doctorate degree in Occupational Therapy at Loma Linda University. Her research on closed head injuries and cognitive retraining has been published in Brain Injury Journal. Penny has dedicated her current research to Dyslexia and its impact on Occupation: The lived experience.
Financial: Penny Stack is the Tulsa Community College Occupational Therapy Assistant Program Director. Dr. Stack receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Penny Stack is a member of the American Occupational Therapy Association; and Oklahoma Occupational Therapy Association.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
The planning committee and staff who controlled the content of this activity have no relevant financial relationships to disclose. For speaker disclosures, please see speaker bios.
- Occupational Therapists
- Regular Classroom Teachers
- Special Education Teachers
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- School Psychologists
- School Counselors
- School Social Workers
- Reading Specialists
- Teacher Aides
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.