Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on February 5, 2021.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- PESI Inc.
- 2/5/2021 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Determine the importance of proper documentation in informing clinical decision-making.
- Evaluate the role of the clinical diagnosis in justifying medical necessity and providing more effective services to clients.
- Determine how to use the behavioral language required by insurance companies to facilitate delivery of services to clients.
- Explain how to document what really happens in a clinical session without violating privacy or confidentiality.
- Assess medical necessity by employing the “golden thread” for improved treatment outcomes.
- Analyze potential red flags in documentation and the proper corrective measures for them
Get Past Your Negative Feelings About Documentation
Embrace the Requirement of Medical Necessity
- Documentation as a contributor to good clinical work
- Documentation through the lens of the “Golden Thread”
- Documentation as a protector of income and integrity
- Anxiety-reducing answers to common questions
How to Write:
- The elements of medical necessity
- The “Golden Thread” as a key part of medical necessity
- Establish the connection between diagnosis and treatment
20 DOCUMENTATION RED FLAGS THAT LEAD TO TROUBLE
- The Diagnostic Summary
- What’s needed in the diagnostic summary, and why
- How the diagnostic summary initiates the path of the Golden Thread
- The Treatment Plan
- What’s needed in a treatment plan, and why
- Operationalize the presenting problem
- Questions to ask
- Describe the diagnostic criteria in behavioral terms
- Make a clear connection between goals, objectives, and interventions
- Protect the client and the therapist with a thoughtful risk assessment
- Evaluate client progress
- How the treatment plan it continues the path of the Golden Thread
- And more …
- Activity: Write a treatment plan
- The Session Note
- The session’s note relationship to the treatment plan
- What’s needed in a session note and why
- Descriptive or narrative approach to interventions used
- Changes to treatment plan
- Justify multiple sessions
- Activity: Write a session note
- The Case and Collateral Contact Note
- What’s needed in a case and collateral contact note and why
- Differences between case and collateral contact notes
- Provide a clinical justification for the case/collateral consult
- The Discharge Summary
- What’s needed in a discharge summary, and why
- How the discharge summary completes the Golden Thread
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
The planning committee and staff who controlled the content of this activity have no relevant financial relationships to disclose. For speaker disclosures, please see speaker bios.
- Mental Health Administrators
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Social Workers
- Office Managers
- Mental Health Nurses
- Addiction Counselors
- Other Mental Health Professionals
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.