Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on February 12, 2020.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- ROCHELLE CALVERT, PH.D., CMT, SEP, BCBA
- PESI Inc.
- 2/12/2020 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Motivate clients to engage in treatment with understandable psychoeducational explanations regarding the research and practices associated with mindfulness.
- Formulate treatment plans for anxiety that include mindfulness techniques that can be used to regulate the client’s arousal state.
- Integrate mindfulness interventions into therapy that can help depressed clients manage negative thoughts and reduce the risk of relapse.
- Articulate how mindfulness training can be used as an adjunctive therapy with evidence-based treatment to enhance attention in clients with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Communicate how mindfulness-based approaches can help clients observe internal reactions and establish how this information can be used in the treatment of posttraumatic stress symptoms.
- Instruct clients with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) on the utilization of mindfulness skills that can facilitate disengagement from repetitive thoughts.
Mindfulness – the Neurobiology of Brain Changes
4 Steps to Integrate Mindfulness into Clinical Practice
- Neuroplasticity and the brain
- Evidence for Mindfulness as a treatment
- Brain changes for specific disorders
Mindfulness Strategies for Specific Disorders
- How to teach Mindfulness in session
- Techniques to increase client use of Mindfulness at home
- Strategies for processing what happens with your client
- Strategies to identify and overcome obstacles & resistance
Anxiety & Depression
- Mindfulness of breath
- Present moment awareness
- Core practice
- Mindfulness of thoughts
- Mindfulness of tasks
- Mindfulness of intention
- Mindfulness of intuition
- Plus many more
- Calm the arousal state and relax mind and body
- Reduce anxious thoughts
- Focus on the present
- Decrease negative thoughts
- Shift and improve mood state & increase pleasure
Panic & OCD
- Calm the arousal state
- Improve ability to stay grounded in the present
- Reduce traumatic thoughts
- Reduce frequency and intensity of panic attacks
- Increase awareness of obsessive thoughts and compulsive behaviors
- Decrease obsessive thinking and compulsions
- Increase awareness of mood state
- Stabilize mood over time
Pain & Sleep
- Improve concentration
- Increase task completion
- Reduce hyperactivity
- Accept and embrace the pain
- Calm busy thoughts
- Relax the mind and body
- Fall asleep and stay asleep
ROCHELLE CALVERT, PH.D., CMT, SEP, BCBA
Rochelle Calvert (Voth), Ph.D., CMT, SEP, BCBA, is the founder of New Mindful Life. She has studied mindfulness for the past 16 years and has taught classes, courses, workshops and retreats. Rochelle leads classes/courses/seminars in Six-week Introductory Training in Mindfulness, (S.I.T.), Awake in the Wild- Nature-Based Mindfulness retreats, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Mindfulness Based Eating, Mindful Parenting and Mindful Workplace. She also facilitates professional trainings in mindfulness for clinicians and travels the country teaching seminars for PESI. She also works as clinical psychologist in private practice in San Diego.
Rochelle offers mindfulness, nature-based therapy and somatic experiencing as a psychologist with New Mindful Life. Her therapeutic approach includes teaching people individual mindfulness meditations - both indoors and outdoors - specific to their unique concerns to support healing. She also integrates somatic experiencing healing (body-based healing through nervous system reorganization) with the mindfulness and nature-based meditation practices. Rochelle has therapeutic specialty areas of training to support integration of these services to individuals struggling with life transitions, depression, anxiety, PTSD, pain conditions, eating disorders, as well as families of developmentally delayed children/adults.
Financial: Rochelle Calvert is in private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Rochelle Calvert is a member of the American Psychological Association; and the Association for Behavior Analysis.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Social Workers
- Case Managers
- Addiction Counselors
- Occupational Therapists
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Other Mental Health Professionals
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.