Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on June 11, 2019.
- DVD Video - 2-4 hours Instructions
- 2 hr 29 min
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- PESI Inc.
- 6/11/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Identify the health problems that are negatively affected by ADHD and how to use this knowledge to appropriately revise intervention approaches.
- Recognize the diagnostic differences between SCT and ADHD in relation to assessment and treatment planning.
- Specify 14 principles that will promote better executive functioning and selfregulation for children and teens with ADHD.
The Costs of Undertreated ADHD
The Future of Diagnosis and Treatment
- Why ADHD may be the disorder “behind the curtain” of significant health problems
- Risk factors: suicide, self-injury, obesity, substance abuse, diabetes and shorter life expectancy
- Your role in educating kids, caregivers and medical professionals on the health risks of ADHD
- How to broaden your assessment beyond the DSM-5® to include diet, nutrition, sleep and quality of life
14 Best Principles for Managing ADHD in Children and Teens
- Dr. Barkley’s most recent research – and what it means for you as a helping professional
- Sluggish Cognitive Tempo (SCT) – ADHD’s lesser known, but just as prominent and debilitating cousin
- Comparing SCT and ADHD – Demographics, Comorbidity, Risks and Impairments
- Why SCT is often diagnosed as “ADHD – Inattentive Type” or “ADD”
- Crucial differences in treatment recommendations for SCT v. ADHD
- Understanding ADHD as a disorder of executive functioning and self-regulation
- The latest evidence-based treatment recommendations for improving:
- Time management
- Emotional self-control
- Planning and problem solving
- And more!
- Recommendations on what to avoid – and why – with kids who have ADHD
Continuing Education Credits
Save time and $10 off the price of other submission methods – purchase & take the CE test online for $9.99 USD per participant. Additional processing fees apply for other submission methods (i.e. mail, fax, etc.). Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
Listed below are the continuing education credit(s) currently available for this non-interactive self-study package. Please note, your state licensing board dictates whether self study is an acceptable form of continuing education. Please refer to your state rules and regulations.
Certificates of Successful Completion are available for email, download and/or printing from your online account immediately following the successful completion of the post-test/evaluation.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Social Workers
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Speech Language Pathologists
- School Administrators
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Other Helping Professionals Who Work with Children
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.