- DVD Video - 8+ hours Instructions
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- INNA KHAZAN, PHD, BCB
- PESI Inc.
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Utilize specific mindfulness interventions to decrease symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Articulate strategies for improving self-compassion and put them to practical use in session.
- Demonstrate techniques to optimize breathing in a way that improves the effectiveness of mindfulness.
- Determine how to apply ten mindfulness principles that allow for greater integration of mindfulness into psychotherapy and improve client outcomes.
- Investigate why traditional mindfulness techniques have had limited impact with some clients in session.
- Implement treatment interventions for clients with trauma who have had past intense negative reactions to mindfulness.
- Apply mindfulness interventions that reduce the intensity of panic attacks in clients.
- Integrate strategies that reduce pain and suffering for patients with chronic pain.
- Articulate how heart rate variability training can improve the effectiveness of mindfulness.
- Evaluate the importance of self-regulation and how it improves client outcomes.
- Determine how to integrate self-compassion and mindfulness strategies together in a clinical setting.
- Utilize mindfulness principles that allow clients to stay present and effectively regulate emotions to reduce symptoms.
- Why the Mindfulness Techniques You Know Haven’t Worked for Everyone
- The 10 Powerful Principles of Integrating Mindfulness into Psychotherapy
- Advanced Breathing, Mindfulness and Meditation Techniques
- How to Practice Self-Compassion Effectively – The Crucial Ingredient to Mindfulness Practice
- Techniques to Optimize Self-Regulation – Controlling Heart Rate Variability
- Step-by-Step Training Through Experiential Exercises
- Mindfulness Techniques & Strategies for Difficult Cases
- Panic Attacks
- Case Studies for Enhanced Understanding of Technique/Strategy Application
INNA KHAZAN, PHD, BCB
Inna Khazan, Ph.D., BCB, is a faculty member at Harvard Medical School, where she teaches and supervises trainees. A clinical psychologist specializing in health psychology and performance excellence training using biofeedback and mindfulness-based approaches, Dr. Khazan also maintains a private practice in Boston, working with clients on optimizing their health and performance. Recognized as a pioneer in mindfulness-based biofeedback, Dr. Khazan is a popular speaker at national and international conferences on the topics of biofeedback and mindfulness. She has conducted biofeedback and mindfulness trainings for notable institutions in the US and abroad, including the US Navy Special Warfare, US Army Special Forces, and the Stuttgart Opera and Ballet Company. Dr. Khazan serves as president of the board of directors for the Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy (IMP), board member for the Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (AAPB), and Biofeedback Certification International Alliance (BCIA), where she is chair elect. Dr. Khazan is the author of numerous journal articles, the highly-regarded Clinical Handbook of Biofeedback: A Step-by-Step Guide to Training and Practice with Mindfulness, and the newly released book, Biofeedback and Mindfulness in Everyday Life: Practical Solutions for Improving Your Health and Performance.
Financial: Inna Khazan is a faculty member at Harvard Medical School and maintains a private practice. She has received funding from NIMH (National Research Service Award) and receives royalties as an author from several publishers. Dr. Khazan has conducted biofeedback and mindfulness trainings for notable institutions in the US and abroad and receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Inna Khazan is on the board of directors for the Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy, the Biofeedback Certification International Alliance, & the Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (AAPB). Dr. Khazan serves as committee member for Boston University, Antioch University, Massachusetts School for Professional Psychology (MSPP), and the Massachusetts Psychological Association (MPA).
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
The planning committee and staff who controlled the content of this activity have no relevant financial relationships to disclose. For speaker disclosures, please see speaker bios.
- Social Workers
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Addiction Counselors
- Case Managers
- Other Mental Health Professionals
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.