- Audio CD - 4+ hours Instructions
- Multi-disc audio recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- MEREDITH SCANNELL, CNM, MPH, MSN
- PESI HealthCare
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Analyze the scope of domestic violence and sexual assault (DV/SA) as a public health problem.
- Summarize the latest evidence-based practices for domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Recognize key concepts related to perpetrators of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Review current recommended medications and issues of medication adherence for sexually assaulted patients.
- Evaluate prevention strategies, including resources and referrals.
Domestic Violence Prevalence and Dynamics
Sexual Violence: What You Need to Know
- Types of domestic violence
- Health implications
- Long-term adverse outcomes
- Special populations
- Health effects and implications on children
Best Practices, Guidelines and Trauma-Informed Responses
- Prevalence, epidemiology and dynamics of sexual violence
- Immediate care
- Medical and psychological effects
- Evidence collection
- Updated CDC pharmacological post-exposure prophylaxis medications recommendations
- Updated research recommendations
- Screening tools to recognize red flags of violence
- Trauma-informed approaches to caring for victims of domestic/sexual violence
- Human trafficking; identification and treating
- Disclosure and mandatory reporting requirements
- Appropriate documentation
- Best practices in follow-up care
- Strategies for developing community partnerships
- Resources for survivors locally, nationally and specific to various populations
MEREDITH SCANNELL, CNM, MPH, MSN
Meredith Scannell, Ph.D., MPH, MSN, CNM, SANE-A, CEN, has a long history of working with victims of sexual violence and domestic violence. She is certified as a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner through the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and through the International Association of Forensic Nursing.
She has presented on topics of sexual violence and domestic violence, locally, nationally and internationally, including a presentation as an expert panelist at the International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare. Her research has focused on healthcare delivery for victims of sexual violence, she has published numerous publications and recently published a book titled, Fast Facts about Forensic Nursing.
Meredith began her educational journey with a diploma in nursing from St. Elizabeth’s Hospital School of Nursing, she later received a master’s degree in Public Health from Boston University, became a Certified Nurse Midwife, earned a Master’s Degree in Nursing and ultimately earned a Ph.D. from Northeastern University.
PESI HealthCare and Meredith Scannell indicate that the content for this educational activity is without bias of any commercial product or drug. There is no relevant financial or nonfinancial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Registered Nurses
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses
- Licensed Professional Nurses
- Physician Assistants
- Social Workers
- Allied Mental Health and Human Service Professions
- Nursing Home Administrators
- Marriage and Family Therapists
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.