Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on November 9, 2018.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- 6 hr 20 min
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- KATHEE CAMMISA, MHE, OTR/L
- PESI Rehab
- 11/9/2018 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Determine characteristics of sensory modulation disorder, ADHD and autism and how they overlap.
- Design specific treatments for SPD that can be duplicated at school or home.
- Compose a sensory lifestyle as a part of a lifetime of habit building.
- Provide examples of elements of successful personal narratives and transitional activities.
- Implement mindfulness and cognitive strategies and exercises for managing ADHD.
- Recommend specific ADHD interventions to be used with or without medications.
How Self Regulation Affects a Child’s Physical, Mental and Emotional Wellbeing
Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)
- Overlay of systems
- Overlap with sensory processing disorder, ADHD, autism, giftedness, anxiety and related conditions
- Vestibular, proprioceptive, and sensory modulation characteristics
- Strategies for home and school
- Making it right: case studies and videos
- New research from brain imaging
- Cognitive strategies, attention strategies and mindfulness meditation
- The power of exercise
- The overlay of executive function and ADHD
Working with Emotions
- As a powerful behavior program for social-cognitive disabilities
- Case study on routines, rituals and habit formation
- Teaching functional skills
- Catching child “being good”
- Art and music
- Developing an emotional vocabulary
- Emotions in the body
Creating a Personal Narrative
- Strategies that prompt social engagement
- Dealing with picky eating and poor sleep habits
- Strategies for eliminating difficult behavior
Making Transitions Uneventful
- What, why and how
- The power of emotional disclosure
- Strategies for smooth transitions
KATHEE CAMMISA, MHE, OTR/L
Kathryne Cammisa, MHE, OTR/L, is an SI/NDT certified occupational therapist, American Council on Exercise certified personal trainer, Pranakriya certified yoga therapist, Radiant Child/Family 200 hour certified yoga teacher and Mindful Schools certified mindfulness teacher. Kathee has over 25 years of experience working with children with special needs in home, school, child care and clinic settings. She works with children and their families through her private practice and at Children’s Place, a therapeutic child care center. Kathee has extensive teaching experience throughout the country, with Georgia State’s Project SCEIS, and the Medical College of Georgia where she served as assistant professor of occupational therapy. She has been published by the American Journal of Occupational Therapy and Occupational Therapy in Mental and has taken yoga and occupational therapy to children in China, Vietnam, Costa Rica and Ghana.
Financial: Kathryne Cammisa maintains a private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Kathryne Cammisa has no relevant nonfinancial relationships to disclosure.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Speech-Language Pathologists, Special Education Teachers, General Education Teachers, School Administrators, Educational Paraprofessionals, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapists Assistants, Counselors, Social Workers, Psychologists, Marriage and Family Therapists, Case Managers, Nurses, Other helping professionals who work with children ages 0-21
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.