Now Available For Preorder
- DVD Video - 4+ hours
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- DIANNE TAYLOR DOUGHERTY, MS, CAGS, LPCS
- PESI Inc.
- 2/16/2018 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Construct definitions of anxiety and panic disorders and differentiate diagnostically.
- Articulate the nexus between trauma and anxiety/panic disorder and develop personalized strategies for treatment.
- Communicate the inverse relationship between anxiety and problem solving and learn what to do about it.
- Consider the five types of anxiety and appropriate treatment strategies for each type.
- Employ cognitive therapy tools to integrate problem solving into the healing process.
- Establish unique ways to utilize mindfulness to treat anxiety and panic disorder including mindful labeling and expressive therapies.
- Anxiety and Panic Disorders
- Definitions and differential diagnosis
- When a client presents with a different problem
- Commonality of conditions
- Evidence - anecdotal and empirical
- Physiology of Anxiety and Panic
- Anxiety as trauma response
- Circle of panic
- Behavioral and cognitive operations
- Heritability and brain function
- Five Types of Anxiety
- Effective treatment strategies
- Dangers of incorrect assessment
- Assess for negative reinforcement
- Interoceptive exposure for anxiety and panic
- Review of Pharmacology
- Implications of current research
- Benzodiazepines and anti-depressants
- Isomorphic conditions
- Treatment Techniques for Anxiety and Panic Disorders
- Cognitive Therapy and Problem Solving
- Tools and techniques
- Process of healing
- Finding the best alternative thoughts
- “Should” and “Need to” change to “Want to”
- Mindfulness Practices
- Reduce tension and acute anxiety
- Control excessive worry and rumination
- First session strategies
- Present focus
- Observation and labeling of thoughts and emotions
- Expressive Therapies
- Reduce anxious symptoms
- Increase energy and awareness
- Progressive muscle relaxation, breathing exercises, subtle yoga, expressive writing, and more!
DIANNE TAYLOR DOUGHERTY, MS, CAGS, LPCS
Dianne Taylor Dougherty, MS, CAGS, LPCS, has over 20 years in private psychotherapy practice with a concentration in anxiety and depression. She is the author of two works on the subject: AT EASE: Treating Anxiety Disorders and Priming the Pump: Expressive Writing for Anxiety and Depression. Dianne embraces an asset-based philosophy to treatment which incorporates CBT, rational emotive, mindfulness, and expressive arts therapies to promote individual healing. Dianne is also a certified practitioner of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, having received training from Duke Integrative Medicine in this modality.
In addition to her anxiety work, Dianne teaches nationally and internationally on the topics of Expressive Arts in Therapy, Clergy Sexual Abuse, Trauma Recovery, and more. She is the author of Treating Divorce as Trauma© (2001); Multidisciplinary Treatment for Clergy Sexual Abuse© (2005); The Creative Personal: A Guide for Mental Health Counselors to Incorporate the Expressive Arts in Therapy© (2009); Priming the Pump: Expressive Writing for Health and Well-being© (2013).
Dianne is an advocate for the counseling profession both legislatively and publicly on the state and national level. She has served on the board of directors of Licensed Professional Counselors Association of North Carolina, serving as president 2010-2011. She is a published poet and enjoys gardening, playing the piano and watercolor painting.
Financial: Dianne Taylor Dougherty is in private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Dianne Taylor Dougherty is a member of the American Mental Health Counselors Association; and North Carolina Counseling Association.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
Social Workers, Psychologists, Counselors, Teachers, School Administrators, Occupational Therapists, Speech-Language Pathologists, Marriage and Family Therapists, Case Managers, Addiction Counselors Therapists, Nurses, Other Mental Health Professionals
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260,