The emphasis of this program is on empowering the patient – from the moment they enter their first session – to master anxiety on a minute-to-minute level, not just when a crisis hits. Using a mixture of cognitive training, dialectical behavioral techniques, tactile relaxation methods and auditory and physical relaxation cues, you will learn how to help patients obtain immediate relief from anxiety symptoms. You will also assess your personal level of anxiety and understand how this impacts patient learning.
Using humor and simple tactics, you will discover practical, accessible and effective treatment techniques for managing anxiety. Strategies are easily applied to any age group, with an emphasis on what works best for each. You will quickly feel more productive in working with even the most difficult barriers and coaching your patients to challenge the anxiety response in the home, at school, at work and even while out in public.
You will receive a practical resource manual, which includes:
- A comprehensive diagram portraying the physiological symptoms of anxiety
- A chart listing potential medical conditions complicating the diagnosis of anxiety
- Sample behavioral chain to illustrate catastrophic thinking
- A comparison chart of daily, adverse, and systemic anxiety along with potential responses
- Self-assessment anxiety form for the practitioner
- Formatted daily self-help anxiety form & anxiety log for patient use
- Lists of strategies to redirect sensory stimuli, activities to aid with stress management & kinetic exercises to manage anxiety