Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on August 19, 2021.
- Audio CD - 4+ hours Instructions
- Multi-disc audio recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- TIFFANI DILWORTH, MA, LCPC
- PESI Inc.
- 8/19/2021 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Analyze how types of grief and grief reactions inform clinicians’ choice of counseling or treatment.
- Investigate appropriate grief symptomology and employ assessment tools to uncover clinical concerns like trauma, depression, and suicidality.
- Utilize best practices to enhance grief counseling and treatment with clients from diverse cultures and with diverse beliefs.
- Investigate the needs of bereaved children, families, and the elderly to individualize treatment and promote healthy adaptation following loss.
- Apply CBT techniques to help clients manage guilt, blame, and other maladaptive cognitions following loss.
- Apply narrative approaches to help clients cope and empower them to construct meaning following loss.
The Many Faces of Grief: Types, Presentations and Clinical Implications
Assessment Tools for Grieving Clients: Identify Grief Intensity, Suicidality, Depression and Other Co-Occurring Disorders
- Kübler Ross’ Stages of Grief
- Normal grief and acute reactions
- Complicated or prolonged grief
- Persistent Complex Bereavement Disorder – chronic, masked, distorted
- Ambiguous grief in the face of changes in the living
- Traumatic grief following sudden or violent loss
- Anticipatory and disenfranchised grief
- Delayed, inhibited, abbreviated other types of commonly overlooked grief
Culture, Spirituality and Mourning: The Clinicians’ Quick Guide to Grief Work with Clients of Diverse Cultures and Beliefs
- Grief intensity scale
- Hogan grief reaction checklist
- Uncover trauma, depression, and anxiety
- How to assess for suicidal thoughts or ideation
- Isolation, sleep, and nutrition concerns for grieving clients
- The caregiver grief inventory
Grief Counseling and Treatment Approaches: Promote Healthy Grieving for Clients Across the Lifespan
- Continuing relationships with the deceased
- How culture impacts length of mourning
- Spiritual impacts of grief
- Cultural expectations of grief to be aware of
The Grief and Bereavement Toolbox: Enhance Emotional Regulation, Build Connection and Support Adaptation to Loss
- Grief counseling vs. grief treatment – what’s the difference?
- Working with grief in kids, adults, and the elderly
- Dual Process Model – loss and restoration
- Companioning Model – being present for the mourner
- Task Based Model - accommodating a new life
- The ATTEND Model for increased attunement
- Complicated Grief Treatment Model
- Ethical and professional boundary issues
- How to use narrative interventions in complicated grief counseling
- CBT techniques for guilt, blame and other maladaptive cognitions following loss
- Family sculpting techniques for grief
- Creative tools to support emotional regulation and expression
- Ways to build social support
- Research and treatment risks
- Case studies
TIFFANI DILWORTH, MA, LCPC
Tiffani Dilworth, MA, LCPC, is a successful psychotherapist, author, and sought-after speaker on topics related to grief, PTSD, and sexual assault. She has worked across the US with various organizations, schools, universities, and corporations to bring awareness to the grieving process and to teach countless people how to live alongside their grief. In addition to maintaining a private practice, Ms. Dilworth is an affiliate of PsychExperts & Associates, Inc, located in Baltimore, MD.
Drawing on her rich clinical experience, Ms. Dilworth incorporates the most current information on the process of grieving with evidence-based and innovative treatment techniques that clinicians can immediately use in their practice. The author of the books 11 Tools to Help Manage the Aftermath of Trauma and Types of Grief she is also the founder and executive director of the non-profit organization, Inspirational Hope Inc. Ms. Dilworth also hosts the Managing My Grief Podcast, to provide support to individuals who want to learn more about ways to manage their own grief.
Financial: Tiffani Dilworth maintains a private practice. She is an affiliate of PsychExperts & Associates, Inc. Ms. Dilworth is the founder and executive director of Inspirational Hope, Inc. She is an author and receives royalties. Ms. Dilworth receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Tiffani Dilworth has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
The planning committee and staff who controlled the content of this activity have no relevant financial relationships to disclose. For speaker disclosures, please see speaker bios.
- Social Workers
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Addiction Counselors
- Nurse Practitioner
- Mental Health Nurses
- Pastoral Counselors
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.