Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on September 30, 2021.
- Audio CD - 4+ hours Instructions
- Multi-disc audio recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- VICKI STEINE, DSC, LCSW
- PESI Inc.
- 9/30/2021 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Articulate how integrative interventions facilitate better treatment outcomes in depression, anxiety, bipolar and ADHD.
- Determine the nutrients shown to improve brain function for your clients.
- Evaluate how improved nutrition can improve therapeutic outcomes for clients with depression, anxiety, bipolar and ADHD.
- Analyze the differences between mental illness versus nutritional and hormonal imbalances.
- Assess the impact hormones can have on mental health assessment and treatment.
- Evaluate the impact of blood sugar and genetic variations on mental health disorders and effective treatment.
Underlying Factors of Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar and ADHD
Accelerate Your Therapeutic Results
- Transcending Mind-Body Separation: Understanding the Complex Relationships
- The Factors that Cause “Chemical Imbalance”
- Beyond Pharmaceutical Management
How the Essential Nutrients Impact Mental Health
- Food: The Good, the Bad, and the Fake
- Sleep: The 4 Habits Critical to Refreshing Sleep
- Exercise: Elevate Serotonin and Regulate Stress Hormones
- Stress: A Holistic Approach
Recognizing When “Mental Illness” Is Something Else
- Facts: Essential Fatty Acids, Toxic Fats, Fish Oil
- Protein: The Building Blocks of Happiness
- Vitamins: B-Vitamins, 5-MTHF, Vitamin D
- Minerals: Magnesium, Calcium
Keeping Your Clients Safe: The Truth About Popular Supplements
- Blood Sugar and Hypoglycemia
- Genetic Variations
Non-Pharmaceutical Treatment Plans for:
- 5-HTP, St. Johns Wort
- Adaptogens: Ginseng, Licorice, Ashwaganda
- Interactions with Pharmaceuticals
Building an Integrative Health Team
- When to Refer
- Who to Refer a Client to
- Where to Find the Right Provider
VICKI STEINE, DSC, LCSW
Vicki Steine, DSC, LCSW, has been a social worker for 18 years, working in both inpatient and outpatient settings, and works with children and adults with ADHD, anxiety, depression, and Tourettes’ syndrome in her private practice in the Atlanta area. Dr. Steine received her Master’s in social work from the University of Georgia and her Doctorate of Science in holistic nutrition from Hawthorn University. She is Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition through the National Association of Nutrition Professionals, a Nutrition Certified Practitioner through the Integrated and Functional Nutrition Academy, and is a member of the National Association of Social Workers. Dr. Steine enjoys combining her skills as a social worker and nutrition educator to help her clients who struggle with staying organized, keeping focused at work or school, and overcoming the anxiety and depression that often prevents them from fully living their lives. She integrates nutrition, mind-body exercises, and traditional psychotherapy methods, like Cognitive Behavior Therapy, to help her clients get on with living their lives optimally. She has spoken at many conferences and delivered workshops providing education to professionals and lay people alike on the benefits of nutrition and improving mental health. Dr. Steine has had personal success using a holistic approach, including nutrition and supplements, to recover from a near death boating accident and debilitating depression.
Financial: Vicki Steine maintains a private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Vicki Steine is a member of the National Association of Social Workers; the National Association of Nutrition Practitioners; and the Southeastern Brainspotting Institute. She indicates she has a bias toward functional and integrative medicine in treating long term health care/issues.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
The planning committee and staff who controlled the content of this activity have no relevant financial relationships to disclose. For speaker disclosures, please see speaker bios.
- Case Managers
- Social Workers
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Addiction Counselors
- Other Mental Health Professionals
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.