Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on March 9, 2021.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- MICHEL JANET (SHELLY) DENES, PT, CFPS, C/NDT
- PESI Rehab
- 3/9/2021 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Analyze gait from the perspective of its’ energy, flow and symmetry.
- Inspect how proprioception affects movement and movement pattern restoration.
- Integrate multiple approaches for better outcomes, including balance and gait training, and neuromuscular re-education.
- Appraise using therapeutics that enhance proprioception, resistance, assistance and a combination of all of these to address patients with gait, balance, mobility and chronic pain issues.
- Determine the influence of the VOR (Vestibulo-Ocular Reflex) on gait, movement and balance.
- Assess integrating Amy Cuddy’s power poses as an effective intervention in the treatment of gait, balance and pain disorders.
The Gait Cycle & Biomechanics
Movement Gone Astray: Gait Challenges
- Dynamic motor control
- Drivers of gait
- Quick, natural gait data collection
- Best practices in assessment
- Gait & Fall risk assessments
System Framework for Postural Control
- Proprioception’s role in gait and movement
- Pain with movement and gait
- No fluidity
- Foot drop
- Antalgic gait
- Trendelenburg gait
- Spasticity and ataxia issues
- Stair and curb negotiation
- Inconsistent stride length, cadence or path of travel
- Decreased proprioceptive feedback post-op or post-injury
- Fear of falling
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Muscle weakness
In Action: Common Conditions and Diagnoses with Gait Challenges
- Balance strategies for ankle, hip and stepping
- Restore somatosensory input
- Remapping the brain – neuroplasticity
- Incorporate the vestibular system
- Clinical symptoms of fatigue
- Amy Cuddy’s power poses & posture
Functional Exercise and Gait Training and Tactical Interventions
- Chronic pain
- Lower extremity amputations and prosthetics
- Parkinson’s disease
- Spinal cord injury
- Perturbation based training
- Footwear selection
- NewGait harness
- Proprioceptive interventions
MICHEL JANET (SHELLY) DENES, PT, CFPS, C/NDT
Shelly Denes, PT, CFPS, C/NDT, is an expert in fall prevention and neuro-rehab with more than 25 years of experience treating patients with hemiplegia, neuromuscular disorders, TBI, and SCI. She has a special interest in advanced technology and has been involved extensively with neuroprosthetic devices, lower extremity orthotics, and exoskeleton robotics. Shelly travels nationally to present dynamic, hands-on professional training seminars and shares her expertise through expert witness work. Shelly earned her certification in Neurodevelopmental Treatment for Adult Hemiplegia (NDT) from the Rehab Institute of Chicago and earned certification as a Fall Prevention Specialist with the International Association of Aging Specialists and sits on their advisory board.
Financial: Michel Janet (Shelly) Denes has an employment relationship with the Center for Spinal Cord Injury Recovery. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Michel Janet (Shelly) Denes has no relevant nonfinancial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
The planning committee and staff who controlled the content of this activity have no relevant financial relationships to disclose. For speaker disclosures, please see speaker bios.
- Exercise Specialists / ATCs
- Orthotists / Prosthetists
- Physician Assistants
- Rehab Nurses
- Nurse Practitioners
- Senior Center Staff and Administrators
- Private Practice Owners
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.