- Digital Seminar
- Downloadable/Streaming MP4 Video and MP3 Audio with electronic manual and instructions.
- SUNITA OSBORN, PSYD, MA
- PESI Inc.
- CE Available:
- No, CE credit is not available
- Product Code:
- Utilize clinical strategies to assess, conceptualize, and treat pregnancy loss.
- Employ evidence-based grief and trauma interventions to treat pregnancy loss and to support clients in future reproductive journey.
- Investigate clinical considerations and adaptations to treat pregnancy loss within couples and group psychotherapy.
- Build the development of greater insight in both clinicians and clients they are treating.
Perinatal Loss: Common Misconceptions
Assessment: Exploring Clients’ Reproductive Story
- Misattunement to the loss
- Far reaching implications of reproductive trauma
- Ongoing and chronic nature of the trauma
Treatment Planning for Pregnancy and Infant Loss
- How to listen for red flags: grief, guilt, shame, self-blame, and hopelessness
- Identifying unique and numerous losses experienced
- When things take a turn: anxiety, depression, OCD
- How to fully validate clients’ experience
- Sharing the Story
- Utilizing relevant assessment measures
Treatment Interventions: Helping Clients Move Forward, Not On
- Chronic trauma related to pregnancy loss
- Adapting PTSD strategies for reproductive trauma
- Addressing grief by utilizing loss and restoration orientation framework
- Highlighting implicit emotions that may impact treatment progress including shame, self blame, and hopelessness
- Balancing complicated grief while still trying to conceive
- Utilizing attachment-focused approach
- Trauma-informed/PTSD adaptations
- Build resiliency with interventions based on empathy, forgiveness and compassion
- Maintaining relationships with partner and family
- Adapting clinical techniques for couples and group work
- Supporting clients in subsequent pregnancies
- Culturally informed case conceptualizations
- Relationship to body after a loss
- How to hold personal experience with pregnancy loss while helping clients
- Limitations and risks
SUNITA OSBORN, PSYD, MA
Sunita Osborn, PsyD, MA, is a licensed clinical psychologist who practices in Houston, Texas and works with adults and couples. Known as an expert on the treatment of pregnancy loss, Dr. Osborn specializes in reproductive psychology and helps individuals and couples in all phases of the reproductive journey.
Dr. Osborn has been featured and interviewed on several different media outlets including NPR, With Whit, Psychology Today, and several miscarriage-focused platforms such as, “The Miscarriage Map: What to Expect When You are no Longer Expecting” and, “The Miscarriage Map Workbook: An Honest Guide to Navigating Pregnancy Loss, Working Through the Pain, and Moving Forward.”
After finding herself lost and without a map after her own experiences of pregnancy loss, she is committed to helping individuals cope with the pain of this loss, supporting clinicians in treating pregnancy loss, and promoting open dialogue on the realities of this prevalent and devasting concern.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Credit is not available for this product.
- Social Workers
- Case managers
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Midwives and Doulas
- Funeral directors
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.