Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on February 3, 2021.
- DVD Video - 1-2 hours Instructions
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- RINA PANDYA, PT, DPT
- PESI Rehab
- 2/3/2021 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Evaluate anatomy and physiology of diaphragm.
- Determine physical and physiological effects of mechanical ventilation.
- Utilize case studies and differential diagnoses of diaphragm disorders.
- Integrate strengthening and stretching exercises for diaphragm in various positions of supine, sitting, standing and ambulation through different stages of rehabilitation.
- Strength and function
- Role as a thoracoabdominal pump
- Diaphragmatic breathing
Stabilization: Posture, Gait Mechanics and Core
- Differential diagnoses
- Ventilator induced diaphragmatic dysfunction (VIDD)
- Respiratory Distress
- Ventilator settings – what you need to know
Beyond the Vent: Exercises for the Diaphragm
- Before you begin: initiation criteria
- Mobility and muscular deconditioning
- Exercise therapy
- Resistance training
- Sitting and standing balance training
- Active cycle of breathing techniques
- Abdominal breathing and diaphragm training
- Telemedicine techniques
- Contraindications for mobilizing patients
RINA PANDYA, PT, DPT
Bio coming soon
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
The planning committee and staff who controlled the content of this activity have no relevant financial relationships to disclose. For speaker disclosures, please see speaker bios.
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapy Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Exercise Physiologists
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.