Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on February 12, 2021.
- Audio CD - 2-4 hours Instructions
- Multi-disc audio recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- DR CHRISTINA ZAMPITELLA, PSY.D., FT
- PESI Inc.
- 2/12/2021 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Investigate the history of how bereavement has been addressed in previous Diagnostic and Statistics Manuals (DSM).
- Evaluate why the bereavement exclusion was removed from the diagnosis of major depressive disorder in the DSM-5.
- Apply diagnostic criteria from the DSM-5 to diagnose uncomplicated and complicated bereavement.
- Analyze the diagnostic criteria for prolonged grief disorder and characterize how it relates to clinical practice.
Grief in Previous DSM’s
Change in ICD-11
- History of how bereavement has been addressed
- Why changes were needed
Grief in the DSM-5: Changes and Diagnosis
- Prolonged grief disorder
- Diagnostic criteria
A Look Ahead
- Elimination of the bereavement exclusion criterion for major depressive disorder
- Research regarding complicated grief
- Persistent complex bereavement disorder in the DSM-5
- How to diagnose complicated and uncomplicated bereavement using the DSM-5
- Why Prolonged Grief Disorder in the DSM is needed in clinical practice
- Proposed criteria
DR CHRISTINA ZAMPITELLA, PSY.D., FT
Dr. Christina Zampitella, Psy.D., FT, is a licensed clinical psychologist in both Delaware and California and a Fellow of Thanatology (expert in death, loss, and bereavement) through the Association for Death Education and Counseling (ADEC). She is the owner of The Center for Grief Therapy and Education, co-owner and director of clinical services at Integrative Psychology Group, and a professional speaker. She works as an adjunct faculty member at Marian University’s Master’s in Thanatology program, National University, and Goldey-Beacom College, focusing her research, course development and teaching on Bereavement Studies and Integrative Psychology. She served as the chair for the Continuing Education Committee for the San Diego Psychological Association from 2007-2009 and the Delaware Psychological Association from 2018-2019. Dr. Zampitella specializes in death, loss, bereavement, integrative psychology, spirituality and nature-based therapy. She is the former resident psychologist on Fox 5 News in San Diego and often appeared on NBC News. She has been featured in Elle Magazine, BuzzFeed, and The Huffington Post.
Financial: Christina Zampitella is co-owner and director of Clinical Services at Integrative Psychology Group. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Christina Zampitella is a Fellow of Thantology.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
The planning committee and staff who controlled the content of this activity have no relevant financial relationships to disclose. For speaker disclosures, please see speaker bios.
- Case Managers
- Addiction Counselors
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Social Workers
- Nursing Home Administrators
- Pastoral Counselors
- Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners
- Mental Health Nurses
- Funeral Directors
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.