Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on February 10, 2021.
- Audio CD - 4+ hours Instructions
- Multi-disc audio recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- ROBIN BILAZARIAN, LCSW, DCSW, DCEP, AAMET
- PESI Inc.
- 2/10/2021 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Evaluate the origin, research, and clinical efficacy of the Emotional Freedom Techniques and Tapping.
- Integrate into practice 5 techniques to manage and release pain.
- Describe 2 neuroscience constructs to explain how mind-body methods influence healing and pain release.
- Evaluate the role of emotions in the experience of pain.
- Construct exploratory questions to elicit the sequence of events to find the core triggers that contributed to emotional and physical pain reactions.
- Assess the ethical concern of not working outside of your knowledge base and to obtain "permission" to use these methods.
- Utilize mind-body techniques to establish distance between thoughts and emotions and pain in order to reduce physical discomfort.
- Integrate EFT with your current methods to release stuck over-arousal and escalating patterns of physical and emotional reactivity.
The Biology and Language of Pain
The Limbic System and Pain
- The value of pain
- Types of pain
- Acute verses chronic pain
- Neuromuscular skeletal pain
- Other types of pain
Autonomic Nervous System and pain
- The role of the amygdala in pain
- How breakthroughs in neuroscience guide treatment
Typical Pain Treatments
- Calming fight and flight (sympathetic nervous system) to quell pain
- Ways to move out of the sympathetic nervous system
- EFT/Tapping and Porges’ Polyvagal Theory
Emotional Freedom Technique and Tapping
Getting started in EFT/Tapping
- Medicine, acupuncture, physical therapy, electric stimulation
Pain Release Steps – 5 Non-medication Techniques
Simple, self-applied EFT/Tapping for pain
- How to use this for physical and emotional pain
- Quelling the perception of pain
- Capturing focusing language
- Metaphors to heal
- Tell the Story Technique
- Movie Technique
- Erasing Limited Beliefs
- Personal Peace Procedure
- Chasing the pain
More Pain releases by adding language that affects the amygdala
- One acupoint
- Rebalance energy reversals
- The entire EFT/Tapping sequence with pain reduction as a byproduct/side effect
- The Brief Energy Correction – new pain research by presenter
Assessing and Treating the Emotional Strangleholds of Pain
- Language from NLP – the Sub modalities
- Listening to the message of pain and defusing it
Psychotherapy and Pain
- Somatization, truth or consequences, maybe it’s real
- Thought, emotion, physical reactions, & behavior – all entwined reactions
- Past pain-related traumatic events
- Anger pain connection
- Secondary gain and overidentification as a pain client
- Empathic pain & compassion fatigue
Adding Gratitude and Forgiveness
- The Mind-Body Sweep – letting go of the physicality of stress and turmoil
- Big “T” and little “t” events and the feeling of pain
- Decreased social connection and pain
- Childhood triggers
- Pain, grief and trauma connections
Non-medication Pain Management
- The neuroscience of a gratitude practice to release pain and increase endorphins
- Interrupt the negativity and confirmation biases
- Four “feel-good” hormones and neurotransmitters
- Medical care – Pain management
- Opioid epidemic
- Drug relapse prevention to address physical and emotional pain
ROBIN BILAZARIAN, LCSW, DCSW, DCEP, AAMET
Robin Bilazarian, LCSW, DCSW, DCEP (Diplomate in Energy Psychology),AAMET, and International Certified Master EFT Trainer, is a brief therapy expert, author and speaker who uses passion and humor to share a wealth of knowledge and her twenty years of experience integrating EFT into mainstream mental health treatment. She is the author of the Amazon best-seller Tapping the Mighty Mind: Simple Solutions for Stress, Conflict, and Pain. Her passion is to bring these rapid, thorough and gentle meridian and cognitive-based techniques into mainstream clinical mental health treatment.
EFT is a well-researched, comprehensive, mind-body treatment that rapidly desensitizes unwanted thoughts, emotions and connected physical reactions. EFT goes beyond supportive counseling and is actual treatment. It’s surprising how quickly turmoil dissipates; clients are usually better in one session – even if the issue is long standing.
Robin obtained her MSW degree from the University of Pennsylvania and the University of North Carolina/Chapel Hill and interned at Duke Medical Outpatient Psychiatry. Her more than thirty years of clinical practice includes employment in all levels of mental health treatment, including private practice and using EFT in a community mental health center and with medical staff. She was recruited and worked for fourteen years as an internal Employee Assistance Program counselor, bringing these highly effective, short-term techniques to medical staff and students in a regional trauma hospital. Her trainees also included police, firefighters, first responders, educators, city workers and others. She ran numerous internal and external EFT workshops, including psychiatric rounds and community conferences. She speaks nationally and internationally on this topic and presents frequently for NASW and Rutgers University. She is a sought-after expert in working with anxiety spectrum disorders.
Financial: Robin Bilazarian is in private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-Financial: Robin Bilazarian has no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
The planning committee and staff who controlled the content of this activity have no relevant financial relationships to disclose. For speaker disclosures, please see speaker bios.
- Social Workers
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Addictions Counselors
- Occupational Therapists
- Case Managers
- Other Mental Health Professionals
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.