- DVD Video - 1-2 hours Instructions
- 1 hr 55 min
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- JOHN B COMEGNO II, JD
- PESI Inc.
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
Top 10 COVID-19 Questions
- Are schools required to implement IEPs and provide FAPE during school closures?
- Do students need to receive 180 days of instruction?
- Are states required to administer federal assessments?
- May schools lay-off part-time/hourly/daily employees who are not currently working?
- Are schools required to pay stipends?
- May schools video/audio record lessons?
- Are schools required to notify staff and community regarding COVID-19 positive cases?
- How do schools evaluate remote instruction teacher effectiveness?
- Are timelines frozen during the closures?
- How do schools continue to support student mental health?
JOHN B COMEGNO II, JD
John B. Comegno, II, Esquire, founder and president of the Comegno Law Group, P.C., is recognized as a leading school law practitioner, representing public and independent schools through the Northeast region. He is a member of the bars of the State of New Jersey and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and has litigated special education disputes across the United States. He lectures to professional groups throughout the region and regularly appears as a keynote speaker for national groups across the country.
Mr. Comegno has broad experience in the area of special education and Section 504 litigation. He regularly mediates special education disputes and tries Due Process Hearings. Working closely with directors of special education, case managers and members of child study and IEP teams to quickly deal with special education issues on a day-to-day basis, Mr. Comegno has extensive experience dealing with disability-specific legal issues and is accustomed to providing quick and thorough legal assistance. He provides counsel regarding the eligibility, evaluation, and classification process.
Mr. Comego also has extensive experience in handling general, day-to-day student issues. These range from compulsory education, student safety and disciplinary incidents, to constitutional concerns involving free speech and religious expression. In addition to handling union negotiations, Mr. Comegno is involved in a variety of labor and employment issues including confidentiality and reporting requirements for teachers and staff and sexual harassment in the school setting, including teacher-to-teacher, teacher-to-student and student-to-student harassment.
Drawing from hundreds of lectures in thousands of educational practitioners across the country, John’s lectures are equal parts legal/practical guidance and humor, wit and entertainment. Attendees regularly follow John’s lectures on an annual basis and report that his lecture style not only well-informs but also engages and entertains.
Financial: John Comegno II is president of Comegno Law Group PC. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: John Comegno II is a member of the American Bar Association; and the New Jersey State Bar Association.
Continuing Education Credits
This program manual does not include the videos or any CE credits; it is designed to be paired with the package for additional participants in a group setting.
Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
Listed below are the continuing education credit(s) currently available for the self-study package that is associated with this program manual. Please note, your state licensing board dictates whether non-interactive self-study is an acceptable form of continuing education. Please refer to your state rules and regulations. This self-study package may include multiple product formats. To receive full credit, please submit the CE test for each format that has self-study materials included. To access these documents, play disc #1 in your computer.
Certificates of Successful Completion will be emailed, faxed or mailed to participants completing the post-test(s)/evaluation(s) and paying the CE fee(s).
- Social Workers
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- School Guidance Counselors
- Case Managers
- School Administrators
- Educational Paraprofessionals
- Other Helping Professionals that work with children
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.