This purchase is for online CE Test only
- Additional Participant CE Test
- SUZI SENA, LPC, PHR
- PESI Inc.
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Assess how mental health issues can impact a workplace and an employee’s ability to function at work.
- Communicate obvious and not so obvious signs of mental health issues in employees.
- Establish how ADA, FMLA, and privacy rights relate to psychiatric disability.
- Characterize how to respond to a request for accommodation.
- Articulate how to respond with performance and conduct policies when a mental health concern is present.
- Specify how to start a culture of authenticity, wellness, and inclusivity in your workplace.
Mental Health Issues Impacting the Workplace
Red Flags of Mental Health Issues All HR Professionals Should Know
- How mental health is impacting the workplace
- The main mental health challenges seen in the workplace
- Grief and depression
- Trauma, stress and anxiety
- Alcohol and substance abuse
- Workplace violence and active shooters
- Self-harm and suicidality
Legal and Privacy Considerations for Mental Health in the Workplace
- Behavioral and social changes
- Physical changes
- Less obvious warning signs
Strategies to Address Management Concerns Related to Mental Health
- ADA/ADAA/FMLA legal considerations
- How to ask for medical documentation
- How to respond to a request for an accommodation
- HIPAA – What you need to know about protected health information
- How to approach the interviewing process when there are concerns about mental health
Develop A Culture of Authenticity, Wellness and Inclusivity
- How to work with employees who have alcohol or substance abuse issues
- How to select an Employee Assistance Program and how to refer employees
- How to apply performance and conduct policies
- Special considerations for employees who are experiencing grief, depression, self-harm, or suicidal ideation
- Educating supervisors and employees about discrimination and retaliation
- Assessing for danger and responding to critical incidences
- What does a happy and authentic culture look like and what are the benefits of this?
- Develop and deploy a listening and responsive strategy
- Tech solutions that help with employee mental health
- How to overcome mental health stigma in the workplace
- Ways to increase access to mental health benefits for your employees
SUZI SENA, LPC, PHR
Suzi Sena, LPC, PHR holds the designation of Professional in Human Resources (PHR) from the HR Certification Institute, is a SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) through the Society for Human Resource Management and is a Licensed Professional Counselor with over 18 years of experience in human resource, education, mental health, and private practice settings.
Ms. Sena’s credentials and work experience make her uniquely qualified to teach HR professionals, employers, and company leaders how they can effectively handle mental health issues in the workplace to maximize wellness, safety, and productivity.
Ms. Sena earned her Master’s degree in Industrial Organizational Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University, her Master’s in Counselor Education from Kean University, her Ed.S. degree from The College of New Jersey, and her Certificate in Human Resource Management from Fairleigh Dickinson University.
She is a member of the American Counseling Association, the National Career Development Association, and the Society for Human Resource Management.
Financial: Suzi Sena maintains a private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Suzi Sena is a member of the American Counseling Association; the National Career Development Association; and the Society for Human Resource Management.
Continuing Education Credits
Save time and $10 off the price of other submission methods – purchase & take the CE test online for $19.99 USD per participant. Additional processing fees apply for other submission methods (i.e. mail, fax, etc.). Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
Listed below are the continuing education credit(s) currently available for this non-interactive self-study package. Please note, your state licensing board dictates whether self study is an acceptable form of continuing education. Please refer to your state rules and regulations.
Certificates of Successful Completion are available for email, download and/or printing from your online account immediately following the successful completion of the post-test/evaluation.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
All members of the PESI, Inc. planning committee have provided disclosures of financial relationships with ineligible organizations and any relevant non-financial relationships prior to planning content for this activity. None of the committee members had relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies or other potentially biasing relationships to disclose to learners. For speaker disclosures, please see the faculty biography.
Human Resources Personnel
This educational offering qualifies for 6.25 self-study continuing education hours as required by many HR related professional organizations. Save your course outline and certificate of completion, and contact your organization for specific filing requirements.
This self-study activity qualifies for 6.25 clock hours of instructional content as required by many national, state and local licensing boards and professional organizations. Retain your certificate of completion and contact your board or organization for specific filing requirements.
**Information obtained in this course should be used within your scope of practice.
**It is your ethical responsibility to report accurate hours to your licensing board.
**All self-study participants must complete and pass (80% or better) a post-test/evaluation prior to receiving a certificate of completion. If you require a copy of the test/evaluation for CE purposes, please print at the time you take the test. Or you may call our customer service department and a copy of your test/evaluation will be emailed to you. Please allow 30-45 days.
- HR Directors and Managers
- Managers and Supervisors with Personnel Responsibilities
- HR Generalist
- Presidents and VPs
- Employee Assistance Plan Managers
- Training and Development Specialists
- Small Business Owners
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.