Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on December 6, 2019.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- 6 hr 11 min
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- R. BRIAN DENTON, PSY.D., PH.D.
- PESI Inc.
- 12/6/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Improve client engagement in treatment with personalized practices associated with mindfulness practice.
- Effectively communicate the core principles of mindfulness-based approaches and how those skills can help clients observe internal reactions.
- Integrate well formulated treatment plans for anxiety that incorporate mindfulness techniques to improve outcomes.
- Understand and implement mindfulness-based principles with a trauma informed lens and articulate the benefits of use in the treatment of posttraumatic stress symptoms.
- Learn to guide clients with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and other compulsive behavior disorders on the utilization of mindfulness skills that can facilitate change from stuck thinking patterns and compulsive behavior engagement.
- Integrate mindfulness interventions into therapy to help clients experiencing depressed mood to effectively respond to unhelpful thought patterns.
Mindfulness Core Concepts
How Mindfulness Changes the Brain - Neurobiology
- Foundational Principles of Mindfulness
- How Mindfulness Fits Within All the Other Approaches
- The Top 5 Core Mindfulness Concepts & Techniques
- Why Mindfulness Isn’t the Same as Relaxation
Integrate Mindfulness into Your Clinical Practice
- Neuroplasticity – Reorganizing the Brain
- The Neurobiological Evidence for Mindfulness in Treatment
- Mindful Brain Changes Seen for Specific Disorders
- Why, How and when to Use Mindfulness in Practice
- Top Strategies to Introduce Mindfulness to Clients
- Building a “Mindful Rapport”
- How to Help Clients Be Able to Process the Internal Reactions
- How to Mix Mindfulness in with Other Clinical Approaches
- Top Strategies to Ensure Clients Adopt Mindfulness Outside of Session
- What To Do When Meditation Doesn’t Work for A Client
- Viewing Mindfulness with a Trauma Lens
- How to Respond to Trauma Arousal
- How to Loosen the Grip on Traumatic Thoughts and Feelings
- Case Study – Lars: 53 yr. Old Extensive History of Childhood Trauma and Abuse, Therapy Hasn’t Helped
- Experientially led Techniques & Strategies Designed for Trauma
OCD & Compulsive Disorder
- How to Respond to an Aroused State of Mind and Body
- How to Defuse the Panic Cycle
- How to Respond to Anxious Thoughts
- Case Study – Mary: 35 Yr. Old High Anxiety, Fertility Difficulties, and Sleep Disturbances/Insomnia
- Experientially led Techniques & Strategies Designed for Anxiety
Depression & Mood Disorders
- How to Increase Awareness of Obsessive Thoughts
- Mindful Actions to Circumvent Compulsions
- How to Change Thought Processes in the Brain
- Case Study – Sally: 42 Year Old Patterns of Binge Eating Disorder and Anxiety
- Experientially led Techniques & Strategies Designed for OCD & Compulsive Disorders
- Mindful Responding to Depressive Thoughts
- How to Increase Awareness of Mood State
- How to Find Balance and Stabilize Mood
- Case Study – James: 58 yr. Old Post Cancer Treatment, Depressed Mood, Struggles with Feeling Connected to Meaning
- Experientially led Techniques & Strategies Designed for Depression & Mood Disorders
Potential Risks & Limitations of Research
- How to Calm the Brain
- How to Find Acceptance in Pain
- How to Change the Brain’s Focus
- Case Study – Maria – Chronic Pain from Connective Tissue Disease, Complications of Mood Disturbance and Pain Avoidance Through Use of Substances
- Experientially led Techniques & Strategies Designed for Pain
R. BRIAN DENTON, PSY.D., PH.D.
R. Brian Denton, Psy.D., Ph.D. is a licensed psychologist in Cleveland, Ohio. Dr. Denton completed his undergraduate work (B.A.) in psychology at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, OH, a Master’s degree in Clinical and Counseling Psychology (M.A.) from Cleveland State University, and a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.) from the School of Professional Psychology at Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio. Dr. Denton also received a Doctorate (Ph.D.) in Buddhist Studies from Buddha Dharma University.
Dr. Denton has studied the Eastern Wisdom traditions extensively over the past 20 years, having traveled to a variety of training centers and monastic institutes around the United States and overseas to study meditation practices and their application to human psychological functioning. He is a Zen Teacher and was given transmission as a Zen Master. He has lead mindfulness and meditation retreats, teaches independently, and utilizes his expertise in mindfulness within psychological treatment.
Dr. Denton has published on Mindfulness-Based treatment approaches as the lead author of the chapter “Clinical Uses of Mindfulness” in Innovations in Clinical Practice, and as third author of the book Mindfulness in Clinical Practice, a primer of mindfulness-based treatment approaches. He is an experienced and sought-after presenter on a wide range of topical areas, and in particular for trainings around Mindfulness, ACT, Inclusion/Diversity and Sexuality.
Financial: Robert Denton is in private practice. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Robert Denton is a member of the Association of Contextual Behavioral Science; American Psychological Association; and the Ohio Psychological Association.
Continuing Education Credits
Save time and $10 off the price of other submission methods – purchase & take the CE test online for $9.99 USD per participant. Additional processing fees apply for other submission methods (i.e. mail, fax, etc.). Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
Listed below are the continuing education credit(s) currently available for this non-interactive self-study package. Please note, your state licensing board dictates whether self study is an acceptable form of continuing education. Please refer to your state rules and regulations.
Certificates of Successful Completion are available for email, download and/or printing from your online account immediately following the successful completion of the post-test/evaluation.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Social Workers
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Addiction Counselors
- Case Managers
- Other Mental Health Professionals
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.