Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on November 7, 2019.
- Audio CD - 4+ hours Instructions
- Multi-disc audio recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- RITA A. SCHULTE, LPC
- PESI Inc.
- 11/7/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Assess clients for drivers of suicidal ideation.
- Specify what steps clinicians should take in cases of imminent suicidality.
- Characterize how stigma can feed shame, guilt and suicidal ideation.
- Communicate how clinicians can build emotional regulation and problem solving skills in suicidal clients.
- Establish how strategies from Narrative Therapy can help clients manage negative past experiences that can contribute to suicidal thoughts.
- Articulate how exercises that help clients manage anger and tolerate uncertainty can add stability to the lives of clients with suicidal thoughts.
How to Assess for Suicidal Risk
Guilt, Shame, Stigma and Suicidality
- Loss and loneliness as drivers of suicidal ideation
- How trauma contributes to suicide
- Tools to assess toxic self-talk
- Collaborative Assessment and Management of Suicidality (CMS)
- What to do when suicide is imminent
Crisis Intervention Treatment Techniques: Essential Skills from CBT, DBT and Somatic Approaches
- How shame and guilt take clients to dark places
- How stigma feeds shame and the cycle of pain
- Resolve inner conflict and pervasive shame with Parts Work
- Meaning making interventions
Make Suicidal Clients Feel Heard, Seen, and Understood
- Suicide risk as a skills deficit problem
- CBT skills to enhance emotional regulation and problem solving
- DBT techniques that directly target suicidal behavior
- Mindfulness and breathing techniques to bring calm
- Grounding exercises to interrupt suicidal impulses
- Containment skills for overwhelming thoughts
Suicide and Existential Shattering: Move Clients from “Do I Want to Live?” to “How Do I Want to Live?”
- Narrative Therapy Strategies, story and metaphor
- Loss timelines to release past negative experiences
- Therapeutic letter writing
- Linking Objects to handle emotional memories
- Let go of adverse life imprints
- How belief systems keep clients stuck
- Assumptions after a life shattering event
- Strategies to help clients tolerate uncertainty
- Shattered Vase exercises to restore hope
- Exercises to manage anger, unforgiveness and thoughts of revenge
- Certificate of Debt
- Rock exercise
- Reinvest in a Life Worth Living
RITA A. SCHULTE, LPC
Rita A. Schulte, LPC, specializes in the treatment of depression and suicidality, grief and loss issues, anxiety, relationship problems, and eating disorders. Rita’s beloved husband died of suicide in 2013, and she speaks candidly about her loss in the hope of helping others to heal.
The author of Think This Not That: Eliminate Toxic Thinking and Rewire Your Brain (Leafwood) and Shattered: Finding Hope and Healing through the Losses of Life (Leafwood), Rita also writes for numerous publications and blogs. Her articles have appeared in Counseling Today Magazine, Thriving Family, and LifeHack.org. Rita is also the creator and host of Heartline Radio where she talks with counselors, authors and everyday people looking for advice on moving through the difficulties of life.
Rita earned a B.S. degree in psychology and a master’s degree in counseling from Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia.
Financial: Rita Schulte is in private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Rita Schulte is a member of the American Counseling Association; and the National Board of Certified Counselors.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Social Workers
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Case Managers
- Addiction Counselors
- Other Mental Health Professionals
- School-Based Counselors
- School-Based Psychologists
- School-Based Social Workers
- School Administrators
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.