Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on September 18, 2019.
- Audio CD - 4+ hours Instructions
- 6 hr 20 min
- Multi-disc audio recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- BRIES ERIK DEERROSE, PSY.D.
- PESI Inc.
- 9/18/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Motivate clients to engage in treatment with understandable psychoeducational explanations regarding the research and practices associated with mindfulness.
- Formulate treatment plans for anxiety that include mindfulness techniques that can be used to regulate the client’s arousal state.
- Integrate mindfulness interventions into therapy that can help depressed clients manage negative thoughts and reduce the risk of relapse.
- Articulate how mindfulness training can be used as an adjunctive therapy with evidence-based treatment to enhance attention in clients with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Communicate how mindfulness-based approaches can help clients observe internal reactions and establish how this information can be used in the treatment of posttraumatic stress symptoms.
- Instruct clients with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) on the utilization of mindfulness skills that can facilitate disengagement from repetitive thoughts.
Mindfulness – the Neurobiology of Brain Changes
4 Steps to Integrate Mindfulness into Clinical Practice
- Neuroplasticity and the brain Evidence for Mindfulness as a treatment
- Brain changes for specific disorders
Mindfulness Strategies for Specific Disorders
- How to teach Mindfulness in session
- Techniques to increase client use of Mindfulness at home
- Strategies for processing what happens with your client
- Strategies to identify and overcome obstacles & resistance
Anxiety & Depression
- Mindfulness of breath
- Present moment awareness
- Core practice
- Mindfulness of thoughts
- Mindfulness of tasks
- Mindfulness of intention
- Mindfulness of intuition
- Plus many more
- Calm the arousal state and relax mind and body
- Reduce anxious thoughts
- Focus on the present
- Decrease negative thoughts
- Shift and improve mood state & increase pleasure
Panic & OCD
- Calm the arousal state Improve ability to stay grounded in the present
- Reduce traumatic thoughts
- Reduce frequency and intensity of panic attacks
- Increase awareness of obsessive thoughts and compulsive behaviors
- Decrease obsessive thinking and compulsions
- Increase awareness of mood state
- Stabilize mood over time
Pain & Sleep
- Improve concentration
- Increase task completion
- Reduce hyperactivity
- Accept and embrace the pain
- Calm busy thoughts
- Relax the mind and body
- Fall asleep and stay asleep
BRIES ERIK DEERROSE, PSY.D.
Dr. Bries Erik Deerrose, is a licensed, clinical psychologist in Denver, Colorado. He works as a consulting psychologist with the Department of Veterans Affairs and is a member of the National Register of Health Service Psychologists. He completed undergraduate and graduate work at Stanford University, Stanford Medical School, and the Pacific Graduate School of Psychology. He has been trained in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction and has studied mindfulness experientially with His Holiness the Dalai Lama. He has seen the benefits of mindfulness incorporated into Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Dialectic Behavior Therapy, and Cognitive Behavior Therapy for a range of presenting issues and clients. Dr. Deerose has utilized mindfulness in clinical work across an array of setting, and focuses on empirical, research-informed practices. Dr. Deerose is a co-founder of Workings of Wellbeing, a non-profit seeking to spread awareness of evidence-based psychological principles to enhance health, happiness, and work effectiveness. He has authored several publications and presentations and has provided numerous trainings on clinical, psychoeducational, and organizational topics. He is also an active member of the American Psychological Association and a committee chair for the Society of Consulting Psychology.
Financial: Bries Erik Deerrose has an employment relationship with the Department of Veterans Affairs. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Bries Erik Deerrose is a member of the American Psychological Association.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Social Workers
- Case Managers
- Addiction Counselors
- Occupational Therapists
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Other Mental Health Professionals
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.