Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on August 19, 2019.
- Audio CD - 2-4 hours Instructions
- Multi-disc audio recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- ROCHELLE CALVERT, PH.D., CMT, SEP, BCBA-D
- PESI Inc.
- 8/19/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Examine trauma and stress symptoms from psychobiological, social, mindfulness and somatic-based perspectives to inform clinical treatment interventions.
- Learn mindfulness and somatic skills that promote the stabilization of potential emotional overwhelm during trauma treatment.
- Utilize specific mindfulness and somatic practices to integrate into your therapy session to support healing of trauma.
- Discover how practices of embodiment can impact healing processes and aid in nervous system restoration.
UNDERSTANDING TRAUMA, STRESS, PTSD AND COMPLEX PTSD
TOP TRAUMA-INFORMED MINDFULNESS TECHNIQUES
- Differentiate and Identify: Acute Stress, PTSD and Complex PTSD
- Psychobiological, Social and Mindfulness-Based Orientations to Healing Trauma
TOP SOMATIC-BASED TRAUMA TREATMENT INTERVENTIONS
- Techniques for Working Skillfully with Arousal States
- Orienting and Shifting Attention
- The Natural Environment and Grounding
- Relationship and Community Support
VICARIOUS TRAUMA: WHAT CLINICIANS NEED TO KNOW FOR IMPROVED OUTCOMES
- Read the Body and Teach Body Awareness
- Cultivating Sensory and Perception Awareness
- Movement Practices to Restore Healing
- Embodied Breath Practices
- How to Support with Safe Touch
- Grounding During Difficult Sessions
- Mindfulness and Somatic Practices to Support Overwhelm
- Common Therapist Triggers
- Ongoing Support
ROCHELLE CALVERT, PH.D., CMT, SEP, BCBA-D
Rochelle Calvert (Voth), Ph.D., CMT, SEP, BCBA-D, is the founder of New Mindful Life. She has studied mindfulness for the past 16 years and has taught classes, courses, workshops and retreats. Rochelle leads classes/courses/seminars in Six-week Introductory Training in Mindfulness, (S.I.T.), Awake in the Wild- Nature-Based Mindfulness retreats, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Mindfulness Based Eating, Mindful Parenting and Mindful Workplace. She also facilitates professional trainings in mindfulness for clinicians and travels the country teaching seminars for PESI. She also works as clinical psychologist in private practice in San Diego.
Rochelle offers mindfulness, nature-based therapy and somatic experiencing as a psychologist with New Mindful Life. Her therapeutic approach includes teaching people individual mindfulness meditations - both indoors and outdoors - specific to their unique concerns to support healing. She also integrates somatic experiencing healing (body-based healing through nervous system reorganization) with the mindfulness and nature-based meditation practices. Rochelle has therapeutic specialty areas of training to support integration of these services to individuals struggling with life transitions, depression, anxiety, PTSD, pain conditions, eating disorders, as well as families of developmentally delayed children/adults.
Financial: Rochelle Calvert is in private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Rochelle Calvert is a member of the American Psychological Association; and the Association for Behavior Analysis.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Social Workers
- Addiction Counselors
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Case Managers
- Other Mental Health Professionals
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.