Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on February 7, 2019.
- DVD Video - 8+ hours Instructions
- 12 hr 40 min
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- KRISTEN ALLOTT, ND, LAC
- PESI Inc.
- 2/7/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Articulate which nutrients are beneficial for reducing symptoms of anxiety, anger and depression.
- Assess clients’ potential nutritional deficiencies that could be negatively affecting their mental health.
- Communicate the potential complications of combining nutritional supplements and psychotropic medications as related to clinical treatment.
- Analyze the impact of fats and proteins on clients’ mental and physical health.
- Determine when and how to refer clients to Complementary and Alternative Medicine providers.
- Incorporate complementary strategies to help improve your clients’ energy and mental clarity.
- Identify physiological causes of fatigue, depression, and anxiety to improve treatment outcomes.
- Differentiate between mental illness versus nutritional and hormonal imbalances as it relates to clinical practice.
- Distinguish symptoms of nutritional deficiencies to inform the clinician’s choice of treatment interventions.
- Integrate holistic assessment and treatment interventions to improve client level of functioning.
- Assess diet, exercise, and sleep in session without shaming a client.
- Evaluate how improved nutrition can improve therapeutic outcomes for clients with ADHD, anxiety, depression, addictions, and other mental health disorders.
Assessment & Treatment Planning
How Foods Affect Moods
Simple Screening Tools to Identify Nutritional Deficiencies Contributing to:
- Carbohydrates – A new way to think about cravings
- Effects protein may have on depression and anxiety
- Fats for mental health (depression, ADHD, bipolar)
- The connection between food, depression, diabetes & obesity
- Physiological causes of fatigue, depression and anxiety
- Anxiety/anger and hypoglycemia
Symptoms of Deficiencies and Co-Morbid Conditions
- Lack of mental clarity
- Other mental health concerns
Referring to Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) and Primary Care Providers
- Type 2 diabetes
- Anxiety or hypoglycemia?
- Depressed, fatigued or malnourished?
- Hormonal imbalance
Non-Pharmaceutical Treatment Strategies
Practical Tools to Boost Treatment Results, Improve Energy, and Gain Mental Clarity
- When to refer
- Who to refer a client to
- Where to find appropriate providers
- 5 Questions to ask before referring
Holistic Assessment and Treatment Interventions for:
- Fats: the good, the bad, and the ugly
- Sleep: how to go to sleep, how to stay asleep, how to wake up
- Reduce night terrors
- Move your body
- Feed your brain
Interventions in Action – Working together to learn and role playing
- Anxiety disorders
- Clients who want to stop their medications
- Psychosomatic symptoms
- Side effects of medications
- Pain syndromes
- Pre-menstrual syndrome and menopausal symptoms
- How to assess diet, exercise, and sleep without shaming a client
- Diet and exercise history assessment
- Improve energy and mental clarity through 3 days of protein
- Protein for All program
- Special concerns – vegetarian, gluten free, or those that don’t cook
- The power of movement – when is it helpful vs. too much?
- Action items for discussing weight and diabetes with clients
KRISTEN ALLOTT, ND, LAC
Dr. Kristen Allott, ND, LAc, is a high energy and enthusiastic speaker who is passionate about integrative medicine. She advocates that by effectively treating physical and energetic contributors to anxiety and depression, clients can better engage in the therapeutic process. As a licensed naturopathic physician and acupuncturist, she has a private practice where she specializes in working with the clients of mental health professionals. Dr. Allott has developed a reputation for assisting clients in making simple changes in their food choices and for addressing nutritional deficiencies that contribute to the symptoms of anxiety, depression, addictions and other mental health disorders. Through acupuncture therapy she helps her clients remember what it is like to feel better until they can sustain this feeling on their own.
Dr. Allott has worked as a residential counselor for adolescents in mental health crises and advocated for the educational rights for individuals with learning disabilities. She is currently on the academic faculty at Bastyr University and serves as a guest lecturer for a variety of groups. As a physician and acupuncturist, she enjoys studying how daily life affects the biochemistry, physiology, and qi (energy) of the body. As a black belt in Aikido, she has studied the intimate connections between the mind, emotions and body.
Financial: Kristen Allott is in private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Kristen Allott references the off-label use of Nordic Naturals and Carlson’s during her presentation.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Case Managers
- Social Workers
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Addiction Counselors
- Other Mental Health Professionals
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.