Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on December 7, 2018.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- 5 hr 35 min
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- AMANDA CROWDER, LCSW
- PESI Inc.
- 12/7/2018 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Formulate strategies to develop a therapeutic alliance that engage children and adolescents in easy, creative and effective therapeutic cognitive behavioral activities.
- Apply, practice, and integrate evidence-based CBT techniques to modify and change maladaptive behaviors.
- Assess, challenge and replace negative self-talk, thoughts, assumptions and core beliefs.
- Practice fun and creative emotional regulation activities that help children & adolescents strengthen their emotional language, thus reducing dysregulation.
- Communicate the importance of collaboration with families and utilize approaches to engage families in the treatment of children and adolescents.
- Utilize the CBT thought record and mood charting in order to enhance data-based decision making.
- Case Conceptualization and Treatment Planning
- Identify Core Belief Systems & Negative Thinking Patterns
- Understand Cognitive Distortions
- Implement Homework
- Build Rapport & Motivation
- Importance of Family Engagement
- Creation of Self-Talk
- Cognitive Skills
- Relationship Coaching
- Skills to Modify Maladaptive Thinking
- Validation to Improve Engagement
- Identify & Utilize Feelings to Improve Communication Skills
- Cultural & Developmental Issues
- Limitations of the Research & Potential Risks
- Childhood Trauma
- Identify & Define
- Cognitive Narratives & Trauma Stories
- Utilization of Play
- Symptom Relief & Coping Mechanisms
- Assessment & Diagnosis
- Concentration & Impulse Control
- Time Management & Goal Setting
- Brain Breaks & Healthy Habits
- Assessment, Diagnosis, & Treatment Planning
- Flexible Thinking
- Sensory Integration
- Perspective Taking & Relationship Building
- Manage Expectations
- ODD, Conduct Disorder, Disruptive Behaviors, & Anger
- Assessment, Diagnosis, & Treatment Planning
- Anger, Aggression, & Dysregulation
- Building Alliances & Positive Relationships
- Emotional Vocabulary & Regulation
- Anxiety and OCD
- Assessment, Diagnosis, & Medications
- Externalize & Define “Bad” Worry
- Identify Body Reactions
- Assertiveness Skills
- The Need for Control
- Mood Disorder
- Mood Charting
- Reframe Thoughts
- Create Peace & Gratitude
- Body Mindfulness & Control
- Self-Injurious Behaviors, & Suicidality
- Assessment, Treatment Strategies
- Identify Negative Self-Talk
- Problem Solving & Coping Skills
- Foster Motivation
- Parental Supports
- Receive & Give Love
- Choices as a Problem-Solving Skill
- Set & Keep Limits & Boundaries
- Structure & Routine
- Rewards & Punishments
- ”Time Outs” for Parents
AMANDA CROWDER, LCSW
Amanda Crowder, LCSW, is co-author of the best-selling book CBT Toolbox for Children and Adolescents: Over 200 Worksheets & Exercises for Trauma, ADHD, Autism, Anxiety, Depression & Conduct Disorders. Amanda is an expert at moving evidence-based interventions into practical methods for application and moving research into action. She has created and adapted evidence-based interventions to work with the most challenging children, adolescents, and families in the most difficult situations. By helping to establish the Trauma Informed Care Initiative within Carolinas Medical Center, Amada has proven her leadership in moving clinical concepts into practice. Amanda runs a private practice in Charlotte, NC, and continues to work for Carolinas Medical Center within a crisis center and virtual mental health emergency room. Her specialties include depression, anxiety, trauma, behavioral issues, and family issues. Amanda uses realness, humor and passion to build rapport with clients and audiences.
Financial: Amanda Crowder is in private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Amanda Crowder has no relevant nonfinancial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
Save time and $10 off the price of other submission methods – purchase & take the CE test online for $9.99 USD per participant. Additional processing fees apply for other submission methods (i.e. mail, fax, etc.). Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
Listed below are the continuing education credit(s) currently available for this non-interactive self-study package. Please note, your state licensing board dictates whether self study is an acceptable form of continuing education. Please refer to your state rules and regulations.
Certificates of Successful Completion are available for email, download and/or printing from your online account immediately following the successful completion of the post-test/evaluation.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Social Workers
- Addiction Counselors
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Case Managers
- Mental Health Professionals
- School Guidance Counselors
- School Psychologists
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.