Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on November 15, 2018.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- 6 hr 3 min
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- SHERIANNA BOYLE, M.ED., CAGS
- 11/15/2018 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Engage anxious kids with a supportive communication approach that encourages them to openly express and discuss their feelings of anxiety.
- Communicate how breathing strategies can be used to bring physical calm and reduce reactivity in anxious kids and adolescents.
- Characterize how logical and natural consequences can be used in school disciplinary situations to address problem behaviors without increasing anxiety.
- Teach kids with anxiety to implement self-soothing coping skills to help them calm down when they are upset, anxious or worried.
- Establish how co-occurring disorders like depression impact the treatment of childhood anxiety.
- Identify how clinical and non-clinical providers might inadvertently contribute to anxiety.
Identify Anxious Kids and Adolescents
When Anxiety Overlaps Other Mental Health Conditions and Issues
- The value of worry?
- Behavioral patterns and physical symptoms
- Recognize the “silent sufferer”
- Identify causes and contributing factors
Practical Steps for Alleviating Anxiety:
- Anxiety as a “gateway problem”
- Adjustment disorders
- Shyness and introversion
- Being over-extended
- Undiagnosed learning disabilities
- Paralysis of perfection
Techniques to Calm Reactivity and Build Resiliency
Simple but Effective Complementary Approaches
- Trigger identification – emotional memory and reactivity
- Harness the natural mindfulness of children
- Exercises to calm reactivity
- Simple yoga for kids
- Breathing strategies to bring physical calm
- Ground with the senses
- Exercises that use the body to ease anxiety
- ”Make Way for Movement”
- ”Boosting Boundaries”
- Muscle relaxation
- Coping and self-soothing skills
- ”Letting Go Rituals”
- ”Heart Opening Visualization”
- How to handle conflict
- Nourish relationships and gratitude
- Research limitation and risks
Empower Kids to Overcome School-Based Anxiety
- Exercise and physical activity
- The role of nutrition in anxiety
- Sleep routine and ritual
- Gratitude exercises
- How to counter negative rehearsal
- Tips and tactics to address:
- Social anxiety
- Peer pressure
- Bullies and gossip
- Separation anxiety
- Test anxiety
- The environment of anxiety
- How you might be contributing to anxiety
- Build a supportive environment
- Transitions: planning for the “unplanned”
- It’s a family affair – working with parents
- Discipline without increasing anxiety
- De-escalate interactions with anxious children
- How to use logical and natural consequences
SHERIANNA BOYLE, M.ED., CAGS
Sherianna Boyle, M.Ed., CAGS, is a former school psychologist who worked in an elementary school setting and is now a professional speaker. The author of seven books, her most recent release was Emotional Detox (Simon & Schuster). Her book The Four Gifts of Anxiety has been recognized and shelved by the National Alliance of Mental Illness, 2015’s Choosing Love was listed under the top 10 New Year books 2016 with Metro US, and The Conscious Parenting Guide for Overcoming Childhood Anxiety found its way in the top 20 book sales for Barnes and Noble in 2016.
Sherianna has continued her work in the education field speaking to organizations such as The Massachusetts Teacher Association about supporting families and children with anxiety. She also teaches psychology and yoga for course credit at Cape Cod Community College and has experience developing curriculum for The Center for Corporate and Professional Education.
Sherianna has a Masters in education as well as a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study in school psychology from the University of Massachusetts, Boston.
Financial: Sherianna Boyle is an author for Simon & Schuster and receives royalties. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Sherianna Boyle has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
Save time and $10 off the price of other submission methods – purchase & take the CE test online for $9.99 USD per participant. Additional processing fees apply for other submission methods (i.e. mail, fax, etc.). Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
Listed below are the continuing education credit(s) currently available for this non-interactive self-study package. Please note, your state licensing board dictates whether self study is an acceptable form of continuing education. Please refer to your state rules and regulations.
Certificates of Successful Completion are available for email, download and/or printing from your online account immediately following the successful completion of the post-test/evaluation.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Social Workers
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- School Counselors
- Speech Language Therapists
- Teachers & Paraprofessionals
- School Psychologists
- School Administrators
- School Social Workers
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.