Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on July 26, 2018.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- JASON MURPHY, MA, LMFT, CADACII, ICAP
- PESI Inc.
- 7/26/2018 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Establish the impact that mindfulness training can have on the therapeutic relationship and communicate how this information can be used to contribute to positive clinical outcomes.
- Assess differences between formal and informal mindfulness practices and communicate how they can be used in conjunction with one another to address the unique needs of clients.
- Characterize how mindfulness practices can be used with empirically supported treatments for trauma to relieve associated symptomology.
- Diversify available clinical techniques by utilizing mindfulness as an adjunctive therapy in treatment plans for depression and anxiety.
- Teach clients to use mindfulness to identify physical indicators of anger in-session and establish how this skill can be put to use in real world settings.
- Communicate how mindful awareness can be taught to clients with addictions to help them identify triggering situations and avoid relapse.
How to Teach Mindfulness Practices In-Session
Mindfulness for Trauma: Break the Rumination Cycle and Disempower Intrusive Thoughts
- Cultivation of attunement
- Tips for teaching clients about the senses
- The language of mindfulness
- Teaching compassion and awareness
- Informal vs. formal practices
Mindfulness in Your Treatment Plans for Addictions: Break the Habit Loop
- Somatic signals from the Autonomic Nervous System
- Foundational awareness/mindfulness
- Strategies that break the rumination cycle
- Guided meditations to disempower intrusive thoughts
- Grounding exercises – get back to now without suppressing thoughts
- Sample scripts
- Online resources for guided meditations
Pacify the Anger Response: Breathing and Self-Soothing Techniques That Work
- Co-occurring mood disorders
- Awareness vs. autopilot – relapse prevention
- Mindfulness for triggers
- Emotional regulation for cravings
- Kindness awareness and compassion
Anxiety and Depression: Mindfulness to Relax the Body and Mind
- Anger alarm – noticing anger in your body
- Breathe through anger
- Distraction and grounding techniques
- Self-soothe with calming words and imagery
- Cooling wisdom
- Big Sky Meditation
- The Emotional Fire Extinguisher
- Muscle tension releasing – exercises to counter fight or flight
- Guided visualizations that lower the stress response
- Movement strategies
- Multi-sensory regulation techniques
JASON MURPHY, MA, LMFT, CADACII, ICAP
Jason Murphy, MA, LMFT, CADACII, ICAP, is a consultant and educator with extensive experience over the last 2 decades of working with youth and families as a mindfulness-based psychotherapist and addiction medicine clinician. He is certified as a Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) trainer and holds a license as a certified addictions counselor. Jason has taught mindful awareness in a variety of settings both in the U.S. and internationally. He has implemented MBSR in educational systems, corporations, businesses and community organizations. Jason holds a specialized degree in behavioral sciences with an emphasis in psycho-pharmacology from the University of California Santa Cruz (UCSC) and a BA in interdisciplinary studies with emphasis in psychology, philosophy and anthropology. Jason has training in Vipassana (Insight) Meditation and is a teacher of this tradition. He has studied meditation and martial arts for the last 20 years.
Financial: Jason Murphy is the founder of Mindful Solutions and Mindfulness Recovery Counseling. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Jason Murphy has no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
Counselors, Social Workers, Psychologists, Marriage and Family Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Addiction Counselors, Case Managers, Therapists, Nurses, Other Mental Health Professionals
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.