Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on June 13, 2018.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- JANET BUSH, ED.S., ATR-BC
- PESI Inc.
- 6/13/2018 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Explore art therapy directives to immediately implement into clinical practice with fidelity to help children regulate their emotions and behavior.
- Consider the ethical implications and clinical limitations of using selected art therapy approaches within your scope of practice.
- Determine the stages of a child’s normative development and identify the indicators suggesting a need for additional clinical support.
- Summarize the benefits of utilizing therapeutic artmaking approaches in assessment, diagnosis, and clinical treatment of mental health disorders.
- Develop a plan for introducing art into clinical practice for treatment resistant and challenging children and families.
- Determine the neurobiological implications of using therapeutic art interventions among clients with various diagnoses.
Art Therapy vs. Therapeutic Art Making
Clinical Application of Therapeutic Art Making
- When to utilize therapeutic art making vs referring to an art therapist
- Ethical implications and scope of practice
- Process of creating vs. outcome
Creative Techniques and Strategies to …
- How to make art well with clients
- Media selection
- Developmental stages manifested in artmaking
- Warning signs in artwork
- Positive perspectives
Build Relationships to Self
- For Trauma, Anxiety & Mood Disorders
- Safe place art
- Stressors vs. calmers
- Mindful doodling
- Worry dolls
Improve Relationships to Others
- For ASD, Trauma, ODD, ADD
- Name designs
- Me/not me/ideal me collage
- Self object
- Landscape of my life
- I Am
- For ASD, Mood Disorders, ADD
- Collaborative drawings
- Mural making
- Circle of commonalities
- Group activities
- Family art making
Increase Control & Commitment Skills
- For ADHD, Anxiety & Mood disorders
- Inside out boxes
- Aluminum foil sculptures
- Positive puppets
- Empathy masks
- Worry dolls
- For ADHD, Anxiety & Mood disorders, Trauma
- Follow directions drawing
- Crossroads doodle
- Resilience doodle
- Wellness time line
- Spray it away
- Letters of appreciation
JANET BUSH, ED.S., ATR-BC
Janet Bush, ED.S., ATR-BC, is a certified art psychotherapist, mental health clinician, art educator, addictions counselor, a founding member of the Florida Art Therapy Association, a university instructor, author, and a nationally known speaker and presenter.
She is author of the pioneering textbook, The Handbook of School Art Therapy – Introducing Art Therapy Into a Public School System, (CC Thomas Publishers, 1997) and three graduate education course guidebooks. She has served as department chairperson for the Miami-Dade County Public Schools in the Division of Psychological Services where she founded and directed a program of over 20 master art therapists from 1978-1999. This endeavor was a major contribution to the fields of art therapy and psycho-education with the establishment of a national model art therapy program. The program continues to employ 20 full time credentialed art therapists working with special populations. In addition to working with children in conflict, Coach Jan and the department staff helped develop, field test and implement the Levick Emotional and Cognitive Art Therapy Assessment (LECATA), a cognitive and emotional art therapy evaluation tool used by art therapists internationally.
Through her long-term work in the public schools and the South Florida community, Coach Jan subsequently received a Distinguished Clinical Services Award from the American Art Therapy Association and Lifetime Achievement Award from the Miami Dade County Public Schools and the Florida Art Education Association.
Jan is an expert in the fields of art education, clinical art therapy, art in medicine and art in counseling. Coach Jan retired from Miami Dade County Public Schools in 2011 but continues to serve as a consultant in private practice based in Delray Beach, Florida.
Financial: Janet Bush is a consultant in private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Janet Bush has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
Counselors, Social Workers, Psychologists, Case Managers, Psychiatrists, School Psychologists, Marriage and Family Therapists, School Counselors, Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants, Educators, Speech-Language Pathologists and Creative Arts Therapists
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.