Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on June 27, 2018.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- DANIEL MITCHELL, PH.D.
- PESI Inc.
- 6/27/2018 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Incorporate ACEs into your intake to allow for a more effective trauma associated with your clients.
- Determine how adverse experiences, including ACEs, impact human development and how traumatic material can create developmental gaps in emotional development in your clients.
- Incorporate the easy-to-use timeline method of assessment and treatment planning to better understand your clients’ history and how you can more effectively treat them.
- Model how to gather important information about your client that will help to build upon their positive traits and experiences; then help them link these experiences to core beliefs that are more adaptive for success in treatment.
- Integrate mindfulness skills, relational and communication skills, imagery, and grounding skills to help your clients reduce the intensity of the memory of their traumatic disturbance.
- Determine how to help your clients take the adaptive foundation they have uncovered and use that to transform how they cope with disturbing or adverse experiences.
- Integrate this assessment approach with several different therapy modalities to effectively help your clients in fewer sessions.
The Impact of Adverse Experiences on Development
A Timeline Approach for Better Assessment
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) study correlation with mental illness and chronic pain
- Traumatic material can create developmental gaps
- Adverse experiences and trauma
Breaking Down Memories and Experiences To Help Clients Heal
- Uncover adverse experiences not identified in standard assessment
- Adaptive Experiences – Strengths and positive moments
- Maladaptive Experiences – Adverse and traumatic material
- Distinguish and separate memories that have BOTH positive and negative aspects
Effective Coping Resources for Clients
- Distinguishing images, body sensations, emotions and thoughts
- Identify dominate core beliefs using my concept of “cognitive buckets”
- Reshape their core beliefs in more adaptive ways
Facilitate Breakthroughs with Challenging Cases
- Easily track intensity of distress from moment to moment
- Quick, easy and effective coping strategies
- Tie in coping skills to behavioral rehearsal
Integrate this Approach with Other Treatment Modalities
- Overcome cognitive barriers that might inadvertently keep patients “stuck in therapy”
- Work through secondary gain issues
- Help patients become ready for new therapies
- How to effectively incorporate with:
- Narrative Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Solution-Focused Therapy
- Person-Centered Therapy
DANIEL MITCHELL, PH.D.
Daniel Mitchell, PhD, is a licensed psychologist at a busy medical practice in central Vermont. He has advanced training in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy and EMDR as an EMDRI certified therapist.
He has been in practice for over 15 years in a variety of settings including community mental health, hospitals, medical practices, and corrections. He employs a fully integrated Mind Body Medicine approach to both his professional and personal practice.
Dan has also had a passion for clinicians in “the trenches” of mental healthcare, a driving force behind he desires to teach techniques and processes that have made his job easier and improved outcomes for his patients.
Financial: Daniel Mitchell is affiliated with Central Vermont Medical Center. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Daniel Mitchell has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
Counselors, Psychotherapists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Counselors, Case Managers, Marriage & Family Therapists, Nurses, Mental Health Professionals
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.