Now Available For Preorder
- DVD Video - 4+ hours
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- JAMES L. FURROW, PH.D.
- 2/20/2018 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Articulate the “stuck” places couples encounter leading to distress and disconnection.
- Establish the role of emotion in romantic attachment bonds and couple distress.
- Model the EFT process of change and key interventions used to facilitate healing.
- Implement strategies for accessing and processing partner’s entrenched emotional positions.
- Instruct the process for facilitating new bonding interactions that promote corrective emotional experiences.
- Support a therapist’s work with emotion including uncovering blocks to success in promotion emotion as an agent of change.
- Dealing with Distance and Distress
- Negative impact of couple distress
- Common patterns of couple conflict
- Dysregulation and disaffection
- Couple Therapy and Attachment Science: Creating Connections
- Understand love through attachment science
- Emotion as the language of attachment
- Patterns of insecurity and their impact
- Emotionally Focused Therapy EFT: EFT Process of Change
- EFT process of change used to transform relationships
- Process patterns and the emotions that drive them
- Access underlying emotions as a resource for change
- Engage new positions of vulnerability
- EFT in Action
- De-escalate patterns of distress
- Access and engage primary emotion
- Instill new positions of intimacy
- Facing Challenges: Work with Couples and Emotion
- Common impasses in couple therapy
- Attachment injuries and their impact
- Forgive betrayal and rebuild bonds
- Practice with Purpose
- Increase focus and direction with couple distress
- Work with emotion with clarity and confidence
- Becoming an EFT therapist - next steps
JAMES L. FURROW, PH.D.
James Furrow, Ph.D., is an EFT certified practitioner, supervisor and trainer. He’s a recognized leader in the development and practice of Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT). Together with EFT originator, Susan Johnson, Ed.D., Jim co-authored Becoming an EFT Therapist: The Workbook and was co-editor of The EFT Casebook, along with other works specific to the practice of EFT with couples and families. His presentations are well regarded nationally and internationally for their substantive, practical and inspiriting focus.
Jim maintains an active research program studying the process of EFT and its outcome. His research interests focus on couple therapy, interpersonal relationships, and resilience with at-risk youth. Formerly the Freed Professor of Marital and Family Therapy at Fuller Graduate School of Psychology he has trained psychologists and marital and family therapists in couple therapy for over two decades. He is a clinical member and an approved supervisor of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, a member of the National Council on Family Relations, and a Certified Family Life Educator.
Financial: James Furrow is a professor at Fuller Theological Seminary. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: James Furrow is a member of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy; and the National Council on Family Relations.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
Marriage and Family Therapists, Counselors, Social Workers, Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Nurses, Addictions Counselors, Case Managers, Clergy, Other Mental Health Professionals
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260,