Disruptive Behavior Disorders & Delinquency
- The function of disruptive behavior
- Trajectory of disruptive behavior disorders
- Juvenile delinquency
Connecting with the Disruptive Teen
- The perspective of the disruptive teen
- Rapport building strategies with poorly motivated teens
- Pitfalls to avoid
- Motivational interviewing techniques to increase engagement
- Socratic questioning to improve "buy in"
Cognitive Therapy Techniques to Reframe Delinquent Thinking Patterns
- Role play using a dysfunctional thought record
- The top 7 disruptive and delinquent thinking patterns
- Advanced techniques to reframe your client's criminal cognitive distortions, such as
- "Rules apply to others but not to me"
- "I'm not bullying, I'm helping other kids "toughen up'"
- "I deserve what I take because I’ve had a hard life"
- "You have to defend your reputation or else others will think you're weak"
Behavioral Therapy Techniques to Reduce Anger and Anxiety
- The physical, emotional, and psychological benefits of relaxation skills training
- Core relaxation skills to decrease teen anger and violence
- Deep breathing to tackle toxic anger
- Guided Imagery as an alternative to violence
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation for non-responders
- Simple tricks to stop lying in its tracks
Improve Compliance in School and Home
- Differential reinforcement and attention to curb arguments
- Effective commands to increase teens' compliance
- Simple tips to improve behavioral intervention plans
- Mentoring and other advanced techniques to treat severe criminality