Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on November 19, 2020.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- 6 hr 13 min
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- ERIC GENTRY, PH.D., F.A.A.E.T.S
- PESI Inc.
- 11/19/2020 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Determine the common elements for treating post-traumatic stress advocated as best practice for treatment of PTSD by recent research.
- Construct your own “documents of intention” (i.e., Covenant and Code of Honor) as a foundation for accelerating clinical practice and therapeutic relationshippositive outcomes.
- Assess the specific process and components of this treatment model to identify when and for which clients this method is an appropriate treatment application.
- Employ a staged common elements approach to common evidence-based techniques for treating survivors of trauma.
- Utilize specific evidence-based treatment tasks within each of the dynamic elements of treatment that resolve symptoms of post-traumatic stress.
- Master skills for self-regulation for both clinician and client to use during therapy.
Trauma & Traumatic Stress: What Every Therapist Needs to Know
Essential Elements of Trauma Treatment: The Ground Work for Successful Trauma Treatment
- The myth of stress
- How stress effects the mind and body
- Neurocience of traumatic stress
- Causes Trauma & Traumatic Stress
- What Heals Trauma & Traumatic Stress
- Understand the research
- Limitations and potential risks
Assessment & Staged Treatment Approach for Trauma: Integrating an Empowerment & Resilience Treatment Structure
- “Active Ingredients” for Effective Trauma Treatment
- A good therapeutic relationship
- Self-regulation/relaxation technology
- Safe exposure
- Cognitive restructuring/psychoeducation
- Preparation & Relationship
- Positive Expectancy
- Feedback Informed Treatment
- Skills Building and Cognitive Restructuring
- Tools for Hope (An “Owner’s Manual” for the ANS)
- Self-Regulation: Neuroception & Interoception
- Skills for Self-regulation
- Desensitization & Integration
- In vivo vs. Imaginal Exposure
- Forward-Facing Trauma Therapy & In vivo Exposure
- Posttraumatic Growth & Resilience
- Construct “Documents of Intention”
- Healing the Moral Wound
ERIC GENTRY, PH.D., F.A.A.E.T.S
J. Eric Gentry, Ph.D., F.A.A.E.T.S. is an internationally recognized leader in the study and treatment of traumatic stress and compassion fatigue. His Ph.D. is from Florida State University where he studied with Professor Charles Figley – a pioneer of these two fields. In 1997, he co-developed the Accelerated Recovery Program (ARP) for Compassion Fatigue-the world’s only evidence-based treatment protocol for compassion fatigue. In 1998, he introduced the Certified Compassion Fatigue Specialist Training and Compassion Fatigue Prevention & Resiliency Training. These two trainings have demonstrated treatment effectiveness for the symptoms of compassion fatigue, and he published these effects in several journals. He has trained over 100,000 health professionals over the past 20 years.
He is the co-author of Trauma Practice: Tools for Stabilization and Recovery-a critically acclaimed text on the treatment of traumatic stress. He is also the author of the groundbreaking Forward-Facing® Trauma Therapy: Healing the Moral Wound. He is the co-author of Forward-Facing® Professional Resilience: Resolution and Prevention of Burnout, Toxic stress and Compassion Fatigue, Unlocking the Keys to Human Resilience, and Transformative Care: A Trauma-Focused Approach to Caregiving.
Financial: J. Eric Gentry receives compensation as Owner of Compassion Unlimited. He receives royalties as an author for Hogrefo & Huber Publishing. Dr. Gentry receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: J. Eric Gentry has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
Save time and $10 off the price of other submission methods – purchase & take the CE test online for $19.99 USD per participant. Additional processing fees apply for other submission methods (i.e. mail, fax, etc.). Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
Listed below are the continuing education credit(s) currently available for this non-interactive self-study package. Please note, your state licensing board dictates whether self study is an acceptable form of continuing education. Please refer to your state rules and regulations.
Certificates of Successful Completion are available for email, download and/or printing from your online account immediately following the successful completion of the post-test/evaluation.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
The planning committee and staff who controlled the content of this activity have no relevant financial relationships to disclose. For speaker disclosures, please see speaker bios.
- Social Workers
- Case Managers
- Addiction Counselors
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Other Mental Health Professionals
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.