Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on April 8, 2020.
- Audio CD - 4+ hours Instructions
- Multi-disc audio recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- BONNIE GROSSMAN, LPC
- PESI Inc.
- 4/8/2020 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Demonstrate the use of set-up statements while performing a tapping sequence to improve treatment outcomes.
- Evaluate clients’ distress levels throughout the tapping session to inform additional clinical treatment interventions.
- Utilize EFT techniques to increase self-compassion and self-acceptance and reduce the frequency and severity of self-sabotaging behaviors in clients.
- Modify EFT techniques for use in alleviating symptoms of depression, anxiety and panic in clients.
- Employ trauma-informed EFT techniques to calm the stress response and increase feelings of safety in clients with PTSD.
- Modify EFT techniques for use with children and teens to improve clinical treatment outcomes.
The EFT Model: Step-by-Step
Let’s Start Tapping!
- Tapping acupoints
- How to perform a tapping sequence
- Effective use of setup statements
- Choose & use a reminder phrase
- How & why EFT is effective
- Limitations of the research & potential risks
Assessment of Clinical Outcomes & Cognitive Shifts
- Tapping session demonstrations
- EFT group practice sessions
- How to increase focus & effectiveness
- Troubleshooting difficulties
Wrapping up a Tapping Session
- Use the SUDs scale to evaluate progress
- What if the distress level isn’t decreasing?
- Recognize cognitive shifts
- How to respond to a cognitive shift
- What to expect after a powerful session
- Temporary closure at the end of a session
- Evaluate need for continued work on an issue
- Client homework to enhance EFT effectiveness
Modify EFT for Use with Distinct Disorder & Clinical Populations
Anxiety & Panic Disorder
- Adjust tapping techniques to address PTSD
- When the client is not ready to address a traumatic event
- Trauma-informed EFT techniques
- Strategies for flight/fight situations
- Decrease the power of external triggers
- Diminish internal fears & worries
- Identify & resolve anxiety-inducing emotions
- Address past events that contribute to anxiety
Chronic & Acute Pain
- Identify & confront specific adverse events
- Minimize feelings of shame & abandonment
- Address resistance
- Create a new positive belief system
Other Clinical Situations
- EFT for aches & pains
- The emotional root to many physical symptoms
- ”Dig deep” to find the core of an issue
- Address hidden wounds & sudden intense emotions
- How diagnosis impacts a client’s ability to heal
- Considerations for groups
- Modifications for children & teens
BONNIE GROSSMAN, LPC
Bonnie Grossman, LPC, is the co-founder of Spa for the Giver’s Soul, an organization that provides professional development and leadership training. She is an EFT Master Practitioner and a licensed professional counselor in New Jersey. Bonnie is an internationally recognized keynote speaker, author, workshop leader and consultant with over 17 years’ experience attending clients and teaching courses.
Bonnie teaches both EFT Level One and Level Two practitioner training courses and provides EFT Practitioner certifications. She has extensive experience training mental health professionals, medical doctors, university professors, teachers, corporate executives and employees. Bonnie has a private practice where she provides therapy and coaching to individuals, couples and families. She works with adults and youth who experience trauma, depression, anxiety, ADHD, anger and abandonment issues, low self-esteem and self-harm.
Bonnie is the founder of Women’s Empowerment, a nonprofit organization in Mexico. She passionately believes that all people can develop potential, greatness and the ability to love. Bonnie works frequently in the United States, Latin America and Brazil.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Social Workers
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Addictions Counselors
- Occupational Therapists
- Case Managers
- Other Mental Health Professionals
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.