Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on September 24, 2019.
- Audio CD - 8+ hours Instructions
- Multi-disc audio recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- URSZULA KLICH, PHD, BCB
- PESI Inc.
- 9/24/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Explore the physical and psychological benefits of mindfulness meditation and their treatment implications.
- Articulate the efficacy of practicing mindfulness-based approaches as it relates to symptom reduction for several disorders, including anxiety and chronic pain.
- Integrate mindfulness and compassion-based interventions in session to improve clinical outcomes.
- Assess nervous system reactivity in clients with an individualized stress test to inform clinical treatment interventions.
- Analyze biofeedback treatment and provide examples of biofeedback modalities that are amenable to practical use by clients and in session.
- Perform a clinical assessment to inform the clinician’s choice of the best combination of mindfulness and biofeedback modalities for symptom management.
- Explain how mindfulness-based biofeedback treatment works to alleviate psychophysiological symptoms that occur because of acute and chronic stress.
- Integrate biofeedback with complementary relaxation techniques to improve clinical outcomes.
- Develop a mindfulness-based biofeedback treatment plan to alleviate symptoms of stress, pain, anxiety, PTSD, and depression in clients.
- Utilize respiration and thermal biofeedback modalities in session to teach clients self-regulation skills and stress management.
- Integrate biofeedback and self-regulation exercises, such as compassionate bodily awareness, in session, to improve client level of functioning.
- Utilize clinical strategies to adapt mindfulness-based biofeedback to treat various client populations, such as children and military personnel.
Integrate Biofeedback into Your Practice
Respiration Biofeedback: Step-by-Step
- Biofeedback purpose and benefits
- Assess client reactivity
- Efficacy for various mental health conditions
- What happens when clients try to relax
- Stress & it’s relationship to pain
- How biofeedback works
- Choose the right tool for the job
- Usability and portability considerations
- Treatment goals
- Billing & documentation considerations
- Limitations of research & potential risks
- Practice Exercises: Using different biofeedback modalities
Thermal Biofeedback: Step-by-Step
- Meditation & the breath
- Assess dysfunctional breathing
- Symptoms of overbreathing
- Overbreathing & mental health
- Biofeedback modalities for breathing regulation
- Apps for use with respiration biofeedback
- Overcome barriers to improvement
- Practice Exercise: Respiration biofeedback
Mindfulness & Compassion: Essential Skills for Use with Biofeedback
- Symptoms of vasoconstriction
- Thermal biofeedback modalities
- Use thermal biofeedback to reduce level of arousal
- Teach clients to regulate temperature
- Integrate autogenic training & thermal biofeedback
- Practice Exercise: Hand temperature
Mindfulness-Based Biofeedback Step-by-Step: Boost Clinical Effectiveness by Combining Mindfulness and Biofeedback
- Strategies to improve client engagement
- Promote psychological flexibility and adaptive functioning
- Autogenic training: Step-by-step
- Cognitively-Based compassion training
- Practice Exercise: Mindfulness & compassion
Mindfulness-Based Biofeedback for Skills Development
- Integrate physical, cognitive & emotional well-being
- When to use mindfulness-based biofeedback
- Assess client nervous system reactivity
- Biofeedback-driven goals
- ”Activate” the parasympathetic nervous system
- Help clients explore their values
- Take a strengths inventory
- Complementary relaxation techniques
- Utilize the MBB Cognitive Awareness Log
- Biofeedback-assisted body scan
- Barriers to mindfulness-based biofeedback
- Practice Exercises: Mindfulness-based biofeedback techniques
Mindfulness-Based Biofeedback in Action: Confidently Tailor for Use with Specific Disorders & Special Clinical Populations
- Choose the best combination of mindfulness practices & biofeedback modalities
- What to monitor & when
- Take-home worksheet resources
- Help clients transition behaviors into habits
- Relapse or normal fluctuations in learning?
- Client homework: Simple starting points
- Practice Exercises: Use biofeedback for skills development
- Attention & prevention
- Thought management
- Problem reconceptualization
- Tension reduction
- Anxiety and panic
- Chronic & acute pain
URSZULA KLICH, PHD, BCB
Dr. Urszula Klich, Ph.D., BCB, is a clinical psychologist, speaker, and author who teaches self-regulation to maximize physical and emotional health. She is a certified meditation teacher in Cognitively-Based Compassion Training (CBCT) through Emory University and has served on various medical teams. She is board certified in biofeedback and is the president of the Southeast Biofeedback and Clinical Neuroscience Association. Her specialized program of Mindfulness-Based Biofeedback (MBB) has been published and widely applied from hospitals to classrooms based on the premise that integrating mindfulness and compassion-informed treatment with psychology fosters individuals’ healing power to improve physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Living mindfully is advantageous and accessible to anyone who recognizes a need for a shift in their lives and sets an intention to move forward She is a sought-after workshop leader and internationally-recognized speaker in health and wellness.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Case Managers
- Social Workers
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Addiction Counselors
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Other Mental Health Professionals
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.