DBT 4-Day Conference featuring Lane Pederson, Psy.D., LP, DBTC
Tuesday, December 12, 2017 – Friday, December 15, 2017 at 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
King of Prussia, PA
Monday, January 22, 2017 – Thursday, January 25, 2017 at 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Tuesday, February 13, 2017 – Friday, February 16, 2017 at 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Describe DBT from the contextual model of therapy.
- Evaluate DBT research in light of the contextual model and the Evidence-Based Practice of Psychology (EBPP).
- Match DBT philosophies and interventions to the therapeutic factors that most improve outcomes.
- explain dialectic philosophies and their application in therapy.
- Demonstrate how the core assumptions of DBT are put into action.
- Explain how DBT theory drives interventions.
- Develop the fluid movement between validation and change strategies.
- Integrate mindfulness into therapy (and your own life).
- Implement an effective therapy structure that includes identifying clear treatment targets.
- Integrate skills training into therapy.
- Identify teaching strategies for skills training sessions.
- Demonstrate how to effectively teach the four standard DBT skills modules.
- Explain and teach supplemental DBT skills and modules.
- Practice skills training techniques in small groups.
- Describe how to seamlessly integrate skills into individual therapy.
- Summarize DBT from cognitive-behavioral, client-centered, and other approaches.
- Practice a multi-layered approach to validation.
- Maintain balance validation with the most effective (and practical)methods of behavior change.
- Practice reciprocal and irreverent communication styles.
- Demonstrate the key differences between traditional cognitive interventions and DBT-style cognitive interventions.
- Practice therapy techniques with effective pacing, balance, and flow.
- Determine when to use (and not to use) exposure techniques.
- Demonstrate DBT diary cards and chain (change) analysis.
- Operate with consultative groups and treatment teams.
- Assess and manage self-injurious and suicidal behaviors with clear protocols and safety plans.
- Establish clear plans for hospitalizations.
- Establish a plan for your further development as a DBT therapist.
- Describe how you will use DBT in your practice.