CA 25 Custom Treatment Techniques for Anxious and Depressed Clients Seminar
Wednesday, May 07, 2014
at 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
MARGARET WEHRENBERG, PSY.D. -- BIO
If you are a student, please call 1-800-844-8260 to register at a discounted rate.
If 5+ staff members from your facility are attending this event, please call 1-800-844-8260 to learn about group discounts.
If you would like this educational event brought to your facility, please call 1-800-647-8079 ext. 8134 for in-house training options.
Anxiety and depression are the most common of exhibiting symptoms and present a special challenge when they co-occur in the same client – which they often do. Caught in a mix of symptoms that affect their ability to respond to treatment, different clients require different approaches. Join national speaker and author, Dr. Margaret Wehrenberg, as she identifies seven types of anxious and depressed clients and delivers over 25 custom treatment techniques you can use immediately.
Based on her extensive clinical experience and solid foundation in research, Dr. Wehrenberg will give you the tools to:
- Motivate the Low Energy Client
- Redirect the mental energy of the Hopeless Ruminator
- Calm the Panicky Depressive
- Introduce choice with the Worried and Exhausted
- Break the routines of the Quiet Avoider
- Teach balance to the High Energy and Depressed client
- Challenge the beliefs of the Highly Anxious
Clinicians will learn the hallmarks of these variations of comorbid anxiety and depression and will be able to apply treatment approaches that really work to resolve them.
- Identify 7 types of co-occurring anxiety and depression.
- Discuss how to avoid pitfalls in the therapeutic relationship common to comorbid anxiety and depression and engage productively with clients.
- Outline strategies to stop rumination and shift internal locus of control.
- Illustrate custom treatment methods for the various types of comorbid, anxious and depressed clients.
- Develop cognitive skills to stop worry and prevent catastrophic thinking.
- Utilize the balance wheel to identify and select appropriate lifestyle changes.
- List several methods that improve energy in physical, emotional and behavioral patterns of depression and anxiety.
* Credit Card Required
for online registration | Contact us
to redeem Gift Certificates